Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tweet Tweet

Birds seem to be everywhere in cardmaking and scrapbooking at the moment and you will probably have noticed I use them a lot on my cards well that is probably because I love them......especially the cheeky chappies who live in the big hedges in my garden...mostly sparrows....build their nests, rear their young, eat me out of house and home and waken me at 6.00am every morning with their cheeky chirping....probably wondering why breakfast hasn't been served yet. They are so used to us and Buddy in the garden but I have never been able to get a close up photo.....a little cloak and dagger operation...me hiding in the garden shed which is right next door to one of the bird tables and hey presto (shame about the reflection from the window) but aren't they cute tucking into their wholemeal poppy seed and oat bagels...nothing but the best for my boys.
I am having a lazy Sunday today.....a bit of gardening if the weather is nice, if not relaxing on the sofa with the Sunday crosswords. Hope the weather is kind where you are.......kath xxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Oh aren't they just gorgeous. I used to feed the birds then the pigeons arrived, then my neighbour complained his daughter doesn't like birds (nor the bin lorry or heavy rain) so had to stop. They do still pop in occassionally but I can't feed them the way that I would like. I'm jealous of you.
    Have a fab relaxing day.
    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh bless - how sweet!

    blog-aversary candy available on my blog

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're very sweet! I wish I could have a bird-table, but it wouldn't be fair to encourage birds into my garden whilst I have a cat. But once my Tigs leaves me, I have resolved to not have any more because of the heartbreak factor. So maybe then I will have my bird-table.

    It's a great photo, Kath! From all the photos I've seen to date, your garden looks lovely.

    My garden? Well, I heard some people walking down the path behind my garden fence this morning, and - referring to the overhang from my garden - a little girl, said, "Oh, look... Blackberries!!"

    That gives you a clue, huh? ;o)

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kath - these little fellas are better fed than me!! Can I come and live in your shed????? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a relaxing day, weather has just turned here and the rain is torrential- oh what a pity will have to stay in and craft hehe- if i put anything out for the birds Bud eats it!
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photo Kath - I just have visions of you lurking in the rden shed lens poised!!! LOL
    Made me smile anyway!!


    Hugs

    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're so sweet!! :) I love watching the birds.. nice and relaxing!!

    Just a note that I did your 'tag' Kath! :) Have a wonderful day!!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo Kath, we have to be real careful because of our cats! but there is always food in our garden because of our ducks and bantams! The wild birds just fly down and join in :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Very `Tweet`...TFS!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous birdies! Great pic and fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photo Kath...hope you enjoyed your gardening :)
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kath. We have hundreds of birds in our garden and I constantly worry about the cats getting them! Hope you are well. Hugs Em,x

    ReplyDelete