Friday, September 19, 2008

Last Peek

A rather long post today.....so put the kettle on, grab a chair and make yourself comfy....
this is the last peek at one more Christmas Card Sample....the boxes are packed up and are going out today..a few weeks rest hopefully before it all goes frantic and manic here at Chez Kath and the orders start coming in and oh boy that is crafting with a capital C.....practically 24/7....just as well I love what I do.
I love this card....it's simplicity... the colour combo...the glitter and that fab little tree stamp.....it was so inexpensive but it stamps beautifully everytime and I love this paper from Pink Petticoat... the colour is New Leaf and it's just scrummy....goes beautifully with red or gold.
  • Papers: Pink Petticoat....Doodle-icious Christmas
  • Stamp: Stamps Away: Little Tree
  • Sentiment: Hero Arts: Three Holiday Wishes Set
  • Snowflakes: Quickutz Die
  • Ribbon and Gems: from my stash
I can't believe that Christmas is only about 13 weeks away and I'm sure someone will help me out here and come up with exact shopping days and by the end of November....all my Christmas card orders will be done and dusted (I hope) and then I have to make my own cards......usually frantically last minute but hey isn't that the fun of Christmas...
Now I left you rather rudely yesterday when Mr Postman arrived with parcels.... and another arrived this morning......I'm like a kid at Christmas...just love parcels and take a gander at this pile of fabilicious crafty stash......my prize ...from Daisy Bucket "Wonderful World Collection" and the papers are gorgeous...my first kit from My Creative Scrapbook.. have lifted the pics from their websites.....too dark for the camera this morning.
can't wait to have a play but my cubbyhole needs a major tidy up....I must be the most untidy crafter on the planet.. there are papers and stuff everywhere......oh I start off great guns....filing away left over papers in their correct place but after about hour, I just dump them in the most convenient place, usually the floor and the pile gets bigger and bigger.....why don't I put them away when I am done instead of having a mega filing job on my hands. The number of times in a day I lose my poky tool buried under reams of stuff on my desk...and everything comes to a standstill....can't craft without it.....it's my third hand......Off to make a cuppa and then make a start.... see you all tomorrow on Penny Black Saturday for a fabulous challenge and a great prize I'm sure you will all want to win.
Love Kath xxxxxxx

22 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is this!!! Oh I just love it Kath. The image is just lovely and I also like New Lesf with red and gold. Those PP chrizzie papers are yummy. Do you know if Quickutz dies are Sissix compatible cos if they are, I need that die - it's lovely. A beautiful card. Have a nice day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Kath,
    fabulous colours and layout..love it..
    My craft space sounds exactly the same as yours....haha..I do try to be tidy but tends to go out the window in say.....5 min...but hey!
    my hubby is at the moment trying to organise me so i don't just dump....haha...
    he has made my room look like a sweet shop at the moment with loads of little jars full of brads and what not sat in little shelves hanging on bars..ikea i love you!
    hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour combo and everything on this Card......Truly Beautiful!

    Enjoy your play with your new bits & pieces!
    Hugs Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  4. pulled up my chair and cup in hand~ another wonderful xmas card~those trees make you feel very chilly ~it`s only just around the corner!!
    tidy craft area?? who has one of those??
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like that tree stamp, very wintery
    Lucky you what a great haul for the postie to bring you- can I come round and play with your stuff too! pleeeaaasssse....
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love this card look so proffesional well done hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely calming card! You should see my dining table. Or rather you can't due to all the stuff all over it!!

    Dawny p - yep you can use the Quickutz with Sizzix machine (original red machine) you just need a convertor (about £10) and adaptor (I can send you one as got a few spare!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card kath...love the colours. Wowweee on your goodies too I would have left everyone yesterday to ogle at those.. who wouldn't they are just yummy!!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who needs a major tidy up in my crafty space... although it's always going to be tomorrow with me...lol
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Christmas card Kath :o)
    Have fun playing with all ur new goodies.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kath
    I love your card, that little tree is lovely! Your not on your own being a messy crafter, you can't normally see the table after I have made a card!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Lynsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wish... my command... door hanger now on blog...lol
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card and fabby stash kath! Hope you had lots of fun with it in your cubby hole!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh this is a beautiful card!

    i also need to tidy my craft room.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Kath, sorry I havn't visited your blog for a while (I don't know why!) but I've been missing out! Every card you've made is absolutely stunning! I love the ones with the wintery trees, and this paper is beautiful, I always jump to the pink and lilacs on Pink Petticoat, I really should learn to use the other colours, this looks great! I've learnt my lesson! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything on your blog just makes me go OH!! AH!! Wow!

    Gorgeous. Your dog is beautiful too! And your special fellas are pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card! love the colours and the tree! I bet I'm more messy than you! and I have to craft in my lounge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous Kath, you will have squillions of orders. You are not the untidiest crafter, nobody is taking my crown away from me - I once sprained an ankle trying to climb over piles of paper/cardstock/heat gun/etc etc to go to the loo :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kath - I think this is my favourite of all your lovely Christmas cards! Love that tree stamp!! I wish my postie brought me parcels like that - can't wait to see what you make with the fabby kit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good grief! Do you know how long it has taken me to scroll to the bottom of your comments here!! lol ;o)

    Not surprised, though.. that card is spectacular! I love it! :o)

    By the way, for card-planning, thought I'd check whose birthday is next on the Funky Hand roll, and it's not until November. BUT there are FIVE Funky Hand birthdays in November!! Two biggies, as well (as you well know, lol, as one of them is yours!) And there's one in december, too. Just thought I'd give you the heads up!! lol ;o)

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my goodness kath! this is stunning! love it love it! hugs shelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Kath.Love everything about it.The tree is gorgeous.

    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete