Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ruby Wedding Anniversary

The rain from yesterday has gone and the Sun is doing his best to make an appearance but hey there is definitely a nip in the air this morning...I'm afraid Summer has gone and Autumn is here....what happened to those gorgeous indian summer days we used to get in September and can you believe that the clocks change again this weekend....Spring Forward.....Fall Back....OK...it means another hour in bed but we are now heading towards those dark winter mornings and even worse.....dark afternoons.......I used to hate when I commuted to work that you left the house in the dark and came home again in the dark and if your office didn't have a window....you never saw daylight all day. Don't have that problem anymore....my little crafty cubbyhole is a hop, skip and a little jump from the kitchen door and has a huge window where I can gaze out at the garden and watch the birds.....I know....when I should be working.
I thought I would share this commission card with you today...the couple have now set off for a lovely cruise to celebrate their Ruby Wedding Anniversary......40 years married to the same person....well that's an achievement in itself......says me...another 2 years for us and hey I don't want no cruise....I want a gold medal or even a nice little Damehood in the New Years Honours List.

  • Papers: K & Co...Basic Grey
  • Hearts: Woodware Chippies
  • Lace & Buttons: from my stash
  • Rub-ons: Doodlebug All Mixed Up
Off to get ready for our morning walk....then back to work but hopefully time to get another challenge done today. Enjoy your day wherever you are and whatever you're doing. Love Kath xxxxxxx