Friday, April 17, 2009

Deary Me.......What a Day....

Oh deary me...it's cuppy tea and comfy seat time...a bit of a long winded saga for you all today...I was so looking forward to meeting up with my fabby buddy yesterday but the day didn't start off well...I had a problem finding a parking space at the station which is undergoing major renovations at the moment and after driving round and round for ages...found one...a little bit of a tight squeeze...then I realised there was barely enough room to open the doors so decided to reverse out and look for another space and this is where it all went wrong...too busy concentrating behind me...taxi after taxi whizzing past and crash...dooshed my driver's mirror and the mirror of the car alongside...OH NO...don't need this today and then sod's law found the perfect space further down but in a panic now...time is ticking away...need to find pen and paper in my bag and leave my details for the other driver...NO PEN...went off to the stationers to buy one and returned to my car to find the other driver taking a pic of my car on his mobile phone but he was such a gent and was really nice about it and assured me it wouldn't cost much to fix so by the time I pay to repair or replace two mirrors...well  the crafty stash buying at Chez Kath could be somewhat curtailed for the foreseeable future. Now the day can only get better...Oh I am so excited the train is pulling into the station and here she comes struggling to carry a huge box...I know you are all chomping at the bit......who was my mystery visitor.......

Da...Da....
MY BESTEST FISKARS BUDDY......the one and only ANN.....

the lovely lady that you all so kindly sent cards to for her Maggie's Centre Appeal...now Ann doesn't have a blog so you can't go and share some bloggy love but I am working on that one...am just going to pester and pester until she decides to get one because you are all missing out big time...she is one talented cardmaker.    Ann has had a really tough time over the last year but has now completed all her treatment...she is looking great and I can truly say she is the nicest sweetest lady with a great sense of humour...it was great to meet up again and spend some time together and we just had the best time...chatting...chatting...chatting....what about...well mostly crafting...what else...had a little rummage in the cubbyhole...went out for a yummy lunch...more chatting and then all too soon...it was time for Ann's train home.
And what was in the huge box.....

well stuffed to the brim with gorgeous gorgeous linen cardstock...deary me...I could hardly carry it and a little tip for Stewart (Ann's lovely hubby)....you need some lessons tying string around a box...gee whizz...I won't have to buy cardstock for yonks and just as she was leaving...she gave me this gorgeous card


and the sentiment inside brought a little tear to my eye

Thank you for a wonderful day my lovely friend...hope we can do it all again very soon...it was so special ...love you lots and this one is especially for you


and YES...ANN...no willpower...couldn't resist playing with my new goodies
Well folks that's it for now...off to take the car to the garage and see how much of a crafty stash ban I am going to be on and who knows may just have to use up some of the gorgeous papers I already have...maybe not a bad thing after all but a little worry...first the coffeee and now the car...these things come in threes...OH DEAR and then it's back to craftyland...need to get the Funky Hand samples finished and off in the post.
Catch up with you all tomorrow on Penny Black Saturday and Stampin Chic....
Hugs Kath xxxxxxx