Monday, December 21, 2009

Back to Boring Old Me


Morning folks.....can you believe we are only days away now...before we know it will be Christmas Eve and we will all be tucked up in bed waiting for that lovely man in the red suit to pop down our chimneys and leave lots of lovely Christmas parcels.....and talking of Christmas Eve......don't forget to get your name in the hat for BUDDY'S BUMPER GIVE-AWAY......he is fair tuckered out after his week of blogging and give-aways but he is lapping up all the attention....but in the absence of the furry one.....you are left with boring old me and I have no crafty stuff to show.....the cubbyhole has been commandeered by the CHRISTMAS GIFT WRAPPING DEPARTMENT at Chez Kath....the crafty department has shut up shop until January.
I am a real Christmas person.....have always loved Christmas...probably because I am just a big kid at heart and when I had my own ceramic studio....the house was decorated like Harrods Christmas Shop....I have cut back a bit but I still have my favourites that come out every year....so let me introduce you to some of my  Christmas Buddies.....

MR FROSTY.....who stands 3' high in his stocking soles



and who could resist this cute face



It doesn't show up in the photos.....but he is head to toe.....wall to wall.....Mr Glamour Dust and he sparkles and twinkles in the lights from the Christmas Tree and his smaller brother......



who is every bit as cute



Well that's it for today folks......the christmas pressie stuff is all done and dusted....I gatecrashed M&S at 9.00am yesterday morning and was home by 10.30 .....just the cooking stuff to nail now for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.......I ordered all my Christmas Day goodies from M&S but it appears I have been volunteered for Boxing Day too....so a whole other menu to plan and cook....it's going to be a skidding in by the seat of my pants Christmas I fear.... can't believe how disorganised I have been this year....note to self....must do better next year.
And my little Christmas present to myself.......I have had a little spend at "The Glitter Pot"....they have all the new 2010 Hero Arts stamps in stock now.....how could I resist.....well it's Christmas don't you know and if you can't treat yourself at Christmas.
We are still trudging through the snow here and it's snowing heavily again this morning.....A little bit of information for all those weather folks.....it is December which means it's winter and yes there is the possibility we might have snow...so what's with all this severe weather stuff.....and what is it with this country...the slightest fall of snow and the transport system goes into meltdown.     Us folks in the North East of Scotland get this every year and even with prior weather warnings....the Roads Department of our local council always seem to be caught unawares and car journeys become slippy sliding adventures.  So if you're out and about driving.....take care....snow can turn roads into death traps......driving home in a snowstorm....the lights and wipers on your car are useless......crawling along at a snails pace in the tracks of the car in front just following his lights.....is so scary.    So the motto is folks....unless your journey is absolutely necessary.....be safe and don't travel.
Well it's time for The Budster and I to set off for our slippy slidey stroll.....me all wrapped up like Michelin Man  and His Nibs chomping at the bit to get out there and have fun......and then home to a welcome cuppa and get stuck into all that cooking.   Catch up with you all later.
Hugs Kath & Buddy xxxxx