Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Brrrrr......and some sneaky peeks

Morning folks.....greetings from the frozen north......heavy snowfall last night and it's bitterly cold.....the temperatures are plummeting...  -9 last night  and apparently at Braemar which is about 40 miles from here....it was -15.....do you think they've got the wrong end of the stick with this global warming thing....it feels more like we are heading for another Ice Age.    More snow forecast for the rest of the week and it's not going to be melting anytime soon with these sub zero temperatures.....I think we are in for a long winter.....perhaps it's time to just go to bed now and hibernate until Spring.
And the sneaky peeks are back......a sign that crafty life is returning to normal after the Christmas frenzy...





Was intending going out today to deliver my BIL's birthday pressie.....but the fresh snowfall has put paid to that idea......so it's a day of crafty hibernation in the cubbyhole with my bundle of golden deliciousness fast asleep and snoring at my feet.......time for a coffee...and a little ponder......is anybody else having the same problem....I know the date is the 30th but I have no earthly idea what day of the week it is......weird....I had to check on the kitchen calendar....so I will catch up with you all tomorrow which is THURSDAY....right.
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

13 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I wokw up to -20 here outside Oslo, Norway....brr..so cold...

    I know the problem with the week days between christmas and new year...I lose all sense of what weekday it is... :o)

    Have a great day!
    Fredrikke :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hibernation sounds a great idea! I hope Buddy is keeping your feet nice and warm while you craft.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe and warm Kath, lol I'm the same not only have i lost me marbles I've lost the days too :D. Have a fabby day in the cubbyhole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold here in USA, Northern Ohio. I have never been sold on this global warming thingy. LOL... Keep warm and have lots of fun crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always the same during the kids holidays - never know what day it is. Mind you, most of the time I don't even know what planet I'm on lol
    a day of crafting sounds like a good idea to me too.
    have a great day
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same weather here in Minnesota! It gets old fast!

    I just want to thank you for your daily posts and all the inspiration you have given me over the past year. I look forward to coffee with you and Buddy every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kath, Can't wait to see your new makes in all their glory. Keep warm and safe and if it's any consolation I never know what day it is lol.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Sneaky Peeks Kath, can't wait to see the full versions :)

    I too get completely 'lost' with days of the week over Christmas - so much so that when working out with friends when to go over 'Sunday' meant nothing to me...whereas 'the day after Boxing Day' was mentioned and I was sorted!!!

    Keep warm in that snow - we're still waiting for some on the South Welsh coast!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath, just a fast note to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog each day and am looking forward to staying with you this coming year. Have a safe and happy New Year! (here in Florida we are ready for the chill to be gone, aren't we silly and spoiled by our warmer weather most of the year. I came from the midwest and thought Floridians were nuts when they started putting on heavy coats and I would go out without even a sweater. Unfortunately after being here a few years my blood has thinned out and I too start putting on coats, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only know it's Wednesday cos I was at work today!! Looking forward to not going to work again until next Tuesday. Love the look of the sneaky peeks. I need to start crafting again today, feels like ages since I made anything. Hoping to post a card from each month since I started blogging, in June, tomorrow.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kath !!! Yeap I think that not having a clue in which day your living is pretty much normal right now. My mum was thinking that new year was in two days time and it's tomorrow ! As for me not sure which day I'm living I just know that tomorrow is the start of my vacation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look forward to seeing the entire cards, that is my understanding with global warming - hotter summers and colder winters. We have had snow - but it aint settling. For the length of time that you had the snow i would be fed up too by now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kath, you poor things, keep warm!! At least you know what the date is and can look at the calendar, it's when you don't know the date either you have a problem!! All I know is I have to go back to work on Monday!! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete