Monday, January 25, 2010

Allsorts Challenge....Week 36

Morning folks and it's Monday morning again....after a busy working weekend...I'm afraid it's just another working day in the cubbyhole.....magazine commission is almost finished....Simply Cards & Papercraft Issue 69 I think....which is beginning of March.....just the bumph to write and believe me...that takes longer than making the cards and then get seriously stuck into some demo stuff.    Had a little play around with some ideas yesterday and I know that we all love our gorgeous papers.....and have to have flowers and ribbon in every colour of the rainbow to match....but in these credit crunch times...not everyone has lots of spare cash to spend on crafty stuff.......so I thought I would share a quick and easy card today made from this........



and after a little bit of Cuttlebug embossing....inking and colouring with Promarkers.....we end up with this fairly simple card and it just so happens it fits in perfectly with the challenge this week at over Allsorts.

HEARTS & FLOWERS
(ok....mine is heart and flowers)




excuse the pic....it is so dark and dreary out there...the cardstock is brilliant white



Prima Flowers and Stampin Up Twill ribbon coloured with Promarkers
I just doodled some lines onto the Heart

A big thank you to all my lovely bloggy buds who left me comments about the Just Rite stamps.....I went onto the "Once Upon A Stamp" website and you can buy these ready made phrases to fit into the round stamp block......much easier to use...so perhaps this is the way to go if..... like me....you don't do faffing.  I am not really a Crafty Shopping Channel girl apart from QVC....when they have American Crafts shows.... I do tune in to Create and Craft when Anice is on....but I just happened to flick over the other day while enjoying a quick cuppa and I could easily become hooked on some of their programmes....fabulous demonstrations and giving the guest plenty of time to show off the products....not like the verbal diarrohea and rush rush....running out of time...that is QVC.   It would be so tempting just to relax with a cuppa every day and watch someone else crafting.....so I have to resist the temptation of switching on and take myself off to the cubbyhole.
But if anyone knows when they will be demonstrating Just Rite Stamps on Create & Craft again...leave me a comment so I can watch and perhaps learn some tips and tricks.

To answer Jo's question from earlier in the week
"Have 1 question though (I am just new to your Blog so you've probably been asked before)- how do you colour the cardstock with the Distress Ink, eg: with the ink refillers or the pad/sponge. Hope you don't mind my asking"


This is what I use to colour my cardstock...Tim Holtz Blending Tool with foam pads.....I keep a separate foam pad for each colour of ink and if you only have the one blending tool....the pads are interchangeable because the tool has a velcro type pad....you can use the foam sponges also from Ranger.....but I don't think they blend so well.....this sits on my desk 24/7 because as you all know I love my inky edges.



Well enough chatting....off to get the dreaded instructions written for those cards and then get my crafty Thinking Cap on for more demos....and this is a very special night in Scotland dedicated to that sonsie fella....Rabbie Burns.......still to have to catch my haggis and get him in the pot to cook.....get the neeps and tatties organised.....so best get a move on.
Hugs Kath xxx
Edited to add.....blimey life is just one big dilemma at the moment.....what to watch on a Sunday night.....my favourite Dancing on Ice or my other favourite......Top Gear....why do they have to be on at the same time and yes I know I could tape one or the other.....but that is another dilemma....we have one of those all singing...all dancing....tape thingies and do I know how to work it...that would be a .....NOOOOO!!!!!