Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I love winter

Morning folks.....I know I could be in the minority here....but I love winter and being a skier I love snow....you must admit it is so beautiful when everything is hidden under a blanket of crisp white snow......the downside of it all comes when you need to travel anywhere by car and I do feel sorry for all the folks who will be struggling to get to work today.....and once again Britain is brought to a near standstill.......schools closed....the trains can't run.......the roads aren't being cleared and gritted.....we are running out of rock salt and having to buy in emergency gas supplies....what a farce.....what a pathetic nation we have become.......with a government that would rather give millions in aid to other countries and local councils who haven't got a clue.




and unlike my grumpy old hubby who has been out every day clearing the paths around the house...this would have been my path to the old cubbyhole



this fun fella loves the snow just as much as his Mum



playing at snow ploughs in the garden....just a pity his nose isn't bigger



and finally after a week of being virtually marooned...here comes  my knight in shining armour
with his big snow plough





and have I been rescued......not on your nelly.....he has now blocked our snow bound driveway with a three feet wall of snow and believe me.....hubby ain't a happy bunny.
The christmas tree and decorations are down and all stowed away for another year...and I am busy with my Funky Hand samples which I can't share yet.....but have managed to sneak in some little peeks.....







Need to make a trip to the shops sometime today.....milk is getting low and if it was downhill all the way....it would certainly be faster on skis....but it will be a slippery slidey trudge....2 steps forward and 1 back.....but in the meantime I am quite happy playing in the cubbyhole and making a dent in some of the choccie treats I got at Christmas.....oh it's a hard life.
Catch up with you all later
Hugs Kath xxxxx