Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Did it work.....

Morning folks....did the drastic measures work.....oh YES....by the time I had steamed and scrubbed the kitchen within an inch of it's life and believe me...domestic goddess is not one of my favourite jobs...then cooked supper in a kitchen where I was almost blinded by my own reflection in the tiles.....I positively sprinted into the cubbyhole crying "sod that for a game of soldiers...all that cleaning malarkey is too much like hard work".  And it's confession time....I was absolutely shocked at the state of the kitchen especially the store cupboards...just as well all grub here is free or Environmental Health would have closed me down long ago and because I live with someone who releases billions of hairs into the atmosphere every day..you know who I'm talking about... Mr Dyson and I are very well acquainted and of course the bathrooms need a daily clean and all you girls out there will know why....men must have been right at the back of the queue when the ability to aim was handed out and no matter how much I rant and rave the simple task of putting the toilet seat down is ignored...don't know about you but it drives me craaaaazzzy.
But enough of my domestic woes...I actually  managed to fit in a bit of crafting last night.....yeaaaaah and haud onta yer galluses girls.....made not one but 2 cards...I know I can't believe it either and I am joining in the fun with the lovely girls over at Daring Cardmakers.   As it's the beginning of a new month it's time for the birthstone challenge for July which is.......

RUBY



Hero Arts...CG 139....Cling Dots
K5376 Hydrangea
Bazill Cardstock
Sentiment: Penny Black...Salutations
Button Twine and Ribbon from stash

And wasn't too sure about this one but Hero Arts seem to like it and gave it a little tweet on Twitter




Hero Arts: CQ182...Two Houses
Bazzill Card Stock
Ribbon and charm from stash
Sentiment: Adorn-it...Tiny Whoopsy Red
Basic Grey..White Chocolate Chip

Will today be every bit as productive....fingers crossed....off to make a start on my altered book...hopefully there will be something to share when I catch up with you all tomorrow for "What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday".....and oh dear what's up with the weather....summer in the morning and winter by afternoon.
Hugs Kath xxx
Edited to add: if you left a comment today and it hasn't appeared here....not your fault... apparently Mr Blogger is up to his tricks again.....lots of folks affected by this and hopefully he is listening and will get it fixed soon and it would appear I am unable to leave comments on anyone else's blog either....grrrrr.  If you have left a comment on Buddy's give-away and it hasn't appeared I have now added Mr Linky so you can go over and add your name there.

25 comments:

Ruthie said...

I am indeed blessed by a man and son who both sit down!!! That means there are no seats left up and no aiming issues!!! Now - why cant they all just do that???

Funny enough - blitzed my house last night too! BUT didnt do ANY cupboards - hey, it was tough enough doing the "on-show" bits!

Have a great day - hugs to buddy! Pickles (our cat) blew him a raspberry! But its ok cos Popcorn (his little sister) cuffed him around the ear for being so rude!

Rx

Anesha said...

Great cards, love the colours, especially the first one. I second card is also great. Glad you got your Mojo back. Can't wait to see the book. Hope Buddy stayed out of your way while you were cleaning! :) Hugs to furry boy. Anesha

HoneyB said...

Morning Kath
Looking like a better day weather wise today :)
I love both cards but love love love the card with the Hydrangea. It's absolutely stunning. It's my birthday in July so must hint to Mark about the birthstone being ruby...lol
Hope you have a productive day
Lyn x

Kirsti said...

Wow Kath...all that cleaning certainly worked a treat..these cards are gorgeous...let's hope by reading your post that it rubs rubs of...lol...cleaning for me today, no craft til evening. Got this big party to get ready for on. Saturday and GOG is offshore and now not coming back til after the weekend so I have his garden jobs to do as well...suppose I better get up then. Have a great day!!! X

mustavcoffee said...

So glad you have left the kitchen and come out to play, smashing cards.
I popped on twitter and then on to your house card via the Hero Arts tweet and was suitably impressed it's gorgeous :)
I love your cards here!I was admiring your little key embellishments,
I think perhaps Mr mojo's back!

nnalorac said...

Fab cards as always Kath and yes, I can relate to your morning saga. Toilet seat, had four men to content with, drove me round the bend, no amount of telling got through to them until I had a fitted bathroom. Fitted the pushbutton right in line of the seat, problem solved. nnalorac.x

Lythan said...

those are so pretty Kath. Love the fresh feel of the flower and the vintage-y colours of the new home one. Wonderful!

Dolly said...

Love both of these fabulously amazing cards Kath. Great take on the ruby theme, I do love red, so best get my finger out for this one!
:)xx

joey said...

Hi Kath,
a-ha thats why one of my comments didnt appear on a blog I knew I had commented on lol, fabulous cards, I love the little keychain charm
Joey.xxx

ginny c said...

morning kath and buddy, you had me lol god knows what the neighbour thinks, talking about the lid being put down you can those sits that close auto they only have to give it a little move and closes on its own sometimes they still forget, but i have noticed a marked improvement,now i need to get something that will help putting cups in the dishwasher the right way down lol. hugs ginny give buddy a big kiss from polly, daisy, milly.

Suzanne said...

Two fab cards, Kath. Glad the kitchen cleaning got you kick started, lol
Hugs
Suzanne x

Denise said...

Hi Kath & Buddy
Lovely cards as usual Kath. The Ruby Birthday card is gorgeous and I just adore the house stamps. Have just had a scout about in your archives. Me and Hubby were in hysterics when we saw Buddy last December in his Santa Hat. He looks so handsome but gives the impression he is doing as he is told under sufferance. Poor Buddy ... he does has extremely high tolerance levels and lots of patience.
Hugs and tickles behind the ears .... Denise XX

Lin said...

I've been having the commenting problem on my blog, too, Kath, hope this reaches you!! You sure did make me giggle about your DH and cleaning the house - I'm right there with you! Looks like either that or your use of red got Mr. Mojo back!! Hugs!

LorraineM said...

That hydrangea stamp looks really good in red colour-way too and the new home card looks 'inviting'

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Goodness these are so STRIKING!!

Terrie B x said...

Gorgeous cards Kath TFI
Hey I should of been shut down ages ago!!!!!my cupboards ...hmmm whole house has gone to pot since I started crafting!!!!!hmmmmm.....
I do need to get it gutted!!!!!lol.......hmmmm another day maybe!!!
Have a great Wednesday:)xxx

Lynda said...

Cleaning is such a 'dirty' word lol but if it works this sort of magic on the old mojo I might just give it a try!!! These are fabulous cards Kath and both just perfect for our Ruby Dare. Thanks for joining in with us.

Love Lynda xxx

Unfading Spring said...

Hi Kath, glad you got your mojo back. Both cards are fab love the flower.

I sometimes wonder where the dirt comes from, I had something in my cupboard with best before 1994 when I did a sort out the otherweek.
Now we are dogless the housework is cut by half, but don't tell Buddy that, he might get upset.

Big hugs Carol xx

Macpurp said...

i love these, the button twine is lovely and the keys charm is so sweet!
blogger has been playing up with me too.

love teen xx

chilli pip said...

I thing the second card is splendid.
I love the whole colour and layout of it .
Would love to receive a card like this

chilli pip said...

I thing the second card is splendid.
I love the whole colour and layout of it .
Would love to receive a card like this

Kat said...

Another two great cards Kath. Funnily enough I've got that hydrangea stamp sitting here because I've been meaning to use it!

Kat xx

Christine B. said...

I know what you mean about men and the bathroom drives me nuttttts.
Love the colour and your cards they are lovely. I like the hydrangea card, I would never have thought of using red but its great.xthemessycraftroom

Krafty Kows said...

I absolutely love the red & white home card. Really fab. Jeanette

Tatanky said...

I love red !! I'm so happy to see that now that summer has finally begun it's being included in lots of great cards like yours ! I also love the set of mini keys is adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails