Thursday, March 31, 2011

Less is More Challenge

Morning folks.....I'm having another go at the Less is More Challenge which this week is a simple sketch.....but I've come to the conclusion that perhaps I am not as "less is more" as I thought...that old habit of inky edges rears it's head again....the urge was almost too much for me.



Tim Holtz...Pattern & Stitches Texture Fades
Twill Tape
Tape Measure Stamp
Flower cut from fabric with Tim Holtz...Tattered Florals Die
Sentiment....Hero Arts....Sew Artsy

and I love those super cute wooden buttons from The Hobby House I bought at the NEC....now I'm wishing I had bought more.
As you can see I have been having a play with the Vagabond....what can I say....it's ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS....no kidding folks after my bad experience with the Big Shot Express I vowed I would never have another motorised die cutter.....this one is in an entirely different league.....you can tell from the weight of the machine it is a serious piece of kit and the motor feels much more robust...you never get the impression it's struggling to feed the plates through and it is so quiet...so if you are dithering my advice would be to get one....you will LOVE IT.
The Furry Boy will be joining you bright and early tomorrow with the winner of his give-away and I will be back later in the day with a chance for you to win some goodies from the NEC.
Hugs Kath xxx