Friday, July 1, 2011

Silly me...

Morning folks....was I right or was I right....Mr Sunshine is definitely working on flexi time...a real part-timer if ever there was...he seems to think it's OK to clock off at lunchtime...just dons his coat and takes off without a by your leave and whatever possessed me to run out and rescue the washing yesterday...what started off as a gentle pitter patter quickly turned to a monsoon and by the time I got back indoors the washing was not the only thing in need of a fast spin and a tumble dry. As for Mr Blogger..yes the proverbial pain in the butt is up to his old tricks again....not allowing me to leave comments on some blogs...I know lots of folks have been having problems....silly me for thinking I'd managed to duck below his radar...
The cubbyhole is still in Spellbinder and Card Candi mode and looks as though a bomb has hit it this morning...I just couldn't be bothered tidying up last night so before I can crank up the crafty conveyor belt I need to pull my big girl knickers right up to my chin and get tidying...
and where is The Furry Boy when I need him....doing what he does best....snoozing after all the excitement of opening parcels...blowing out candles and general birthday stuff....
To be honest I've been doing quite a bit of silly me thinking lately....congratulating myself that I was well on track and making a sizeable dent in the crafty list....well you know what thought did...don't you.  Lots of Christmas Project Work has since popped into my Inbox  from Fiskars so it's back to square one...aka...frantic mode.   Looks like we are doing Christmas In July in a big way....Fiskars aren't the only ones with Christmas on their minds.  I've got cards to make for my Hero Arts Christmas Demo Morning at The Papeterie on the 30th and prep for my Timmie Christmas Configuration Box Workshop in the afternoon.
I've got two choices....have a Christmas Nervous Breakdown or look out the Jingle Bells CD's and go with the flow....I wonder if a mince pie or two would help things along.
But before I can face the mega cubbyhole tidy up...we are off for our chill out morning stroll. While The "hasn't a care in the world" Furry Boy sniffs each and every blade of grass and chases a few bunny rabbits...I'll be quietly offering up a prayer for my sanity...a bigger pair of big girl knickers and more hours in the day.
Catch up with you all tomorrow for another fab challenge over at Penny Black Saturday with more yummy prizes up for grabs....and yes I've done it again....it's going to be another skidding in by the seat of my pants DT card...life in the cubbyhole sure ain't boring.
Hugs Kath xxx

14 comments:

  1. Oh Kath, sounds like you are in need of a holiday. :) Buddy looks so peaceful, glad to hear he enjoyed his day yesterday. Deep breath and one task at a time and you will get it done. Hugs to you both. Anesha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you produce with those dies and goodies !!!!!
    Hope you two enjoyed your morning walk and have a good day in the cubbyhole .
    Catch you later gaiter as Lily would say
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kath

    Wow thats a lot of stuff on your desk - I too can't wait to see what you come up with. Hope you enjoyed the morning stroll and that it has cleared your head for another busy day in your cubbyhole!

    Hugs

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Both.Hope you enjoyed your stroll.You don't look any older Buddy it must be all that relaxation.My PB prize arrived it is great thanks.
    Have a good day.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath, I had the same trouble about not being able to leave comments and someone told me it's to do with being logged in the whole time, don't know why but if you untick the little box that says "stay logged in" on the blogger log-in page you can leave comments. I hope it helps you too. Good luck with your crafting and a belated happy birthday for Buddy.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you've got strong elastic in those Big Girl Knickers Kath!!!!

    Love the sleeping Buddy's picture. Hope he didn't have too much jelly and ice cream! Clearly the birthday excitement was all too much!

    Hope you had a nice stroll earlier.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Kath, so glad Buddy enjoyed his birthday, bless him.
    Enjoy your christmas in July, can't wait to see what you do with the Timmie Box.
    Had trouble commenting sometimes too, I was going to say what Eveline said about unticking the stay logged in, but you might have to tick it again later.

    Big Hugs Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your desk looks as messy as mine Kath...lol..at least the sun is still shinning...well at least it is in this part of Aberdeenshire for now anyway!!!

    Have a great weekend...

    Kirsti xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas in July is just wrong but I'm gearing up here too. Your desk isn't untidy...you ain't seen mine. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've battled for almost 3 days trying to get my head round Hyperlinking with a new blogging platform....... & my husband remarked that my "studio" is looking a little cluttered - well the CD case for ProMarker storage arrived plus some stamps & I'm mid Copics & ProMarker equivalents charting........ throw in a few migraines so what's clutter???? Here's to Big Girl Knickers (do they do them in size 10??? or they'll be round my knees). Chin up & Merry Christmas!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kath I love your blog and your desk looks so exciting - you always seem to come up with amazing designs!
    Very best wishes to you and Buddy. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kath, I'm having a bit of a can't get out of the bit week (or should that be fortnight!) too. What I should do now is stop visiting my favourite blogs and do what needs to be done!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. can I ,leave a comment yet????

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay - I CAN leave a comment (at last) - hope you had a fabby day n the knicker elastic did its job!! x

    ReplyDelete