Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Be careful what you wish for...

Hi folks...there's a very true saying... "Be Careful What You Wish For".  After Saturday's melting daytime temperatures and a night spend tossing and turning in the sauna atmosphere upstairs...crikey I've no sooner fallen asleep than I'm awake drenched in sweat and not the ladylike little bit of perspiration either...that horrible "will have to get up and wipe myself down with a cold flannel" sweaty betty feeling and there are only so many times you can turn that pillow for that blissful for a moment cold side of the pillow feeling...I was praying for a little respite from the heat.  And voila...Sunday morning dawned cool...dull and a little bit drizzly...perhaps I would be spending the day in the garden after a quick trip to The Papeterie to retrieve my left behind heat gun....yes Miss Memory always seems to forget something. But that was the least of my worries...little did I know the weather had a great big surprise up his sleeve...my quick trip turned into a very scary "did I drive into a car wash by mistake" adventure...torrential rain like I've never seen before...the "could hardly see beyond the car bonnet" kind of rain...I was expecting to see the wipers take off never to be seen again at any minute and what possessed me to take my usual short-cut winding country road route...even crawling through knee deep water at a snail's pace gave the car roof a sudden impromptu hose down and oh boy the sensation that your rudderless mode of transport may be floating is not an experience I would like to repeat.  But heat gun retrieved I arrived home feeling 10 years older...a bit shook up...very soggy and in need of just one more trauma-relieving Melt Pot playtime session...

But today this "getting too old for scary adventures" crafty person is playing it safe...DIY may not feature very high up the list of exciting pastimes but hey when you don't have that many of your nine lives left...painting a door is as about as adventurous as it's going to get for the foreseeable future.
I'll see you all tomorrow.
Hugs Kath xxx