Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Deck The Halls...

Hi folks...time to get back to the Christmas prep after yesterday's OAP impression of dancing on the ceiling excitement and I'm well and truly into the Christmas groove now...
"deck the halls with boughs of holly...fa..la..la..la....la..la..la" 
is the tune running through my head right now.  The crafty stuff has been put on hold and the cubbyhole converted to the parcel wrapping station...
not my most favourite of Christmas tasks...probably because I make the same old mistake every year of buying oddly shaped presents which results in many hours of trying to make them look presentable (excuse the pun)...just as well my chosen career was not in the gift wrap department of some high end store...crikey I would have been given my marching orders after 5 minutes. I've cheated in past years by popping everything into gift bags but last minute Annie didn't stock up when they were going for a song and now the choice is limited unless you're prepared to pay a king's ransom...so it's big girl knickers and overcome adversity time.
Then I'll be moving on to the "Decks The Hall" bit and saying Hi to some old friends...
Mr Frosty who lives out in the garage for most of the year and will probably need a bit of a dust down...
 check out that adorable sparkly face...
the chill out gang...
 not forgetting the angel with atitude...
and I'd completely forgetten my Altered Book project...
and once that's done...time to marzipan the Christmas Cakes...
I know it's a bit last minute but hey I've iced my cakes on Christmas Eve before now and they've been fine. From now it's going to be a great big cooking fest with quick trips into the cubbyhole to nail a Fiskars sample or two...just as well us girls are dab hands at the old multi-tasking.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx