Monday, December 16, 2013

It's All About Planning...

Hi folks...crikey it ain't even Christmas yet and already I'm thinking about what's happening in 2014 in the crafty department...an e-mail from Fiskars with the dates for Stitches and the Hobbycraft Show at The NEC in March sent the logistical department into a bit of a tizz. But everything runs more smoothly with a little bit of planning so before I even contemplate samples and workshop projects...I needed to hop on over and make the necessary arrangements with Mr Flybe to get there.
Usually a piece of cake...hop online...tick a few boxes and Bob's your uncle...on this occasion a bit of a nightmare.  The old computer was having none of it...freezing...crashing and playing silly beggars and just when I thought I was home and dry with the first flight...Mr Flybe turned up his nose at my credit card...3 attempts at entering that great long number which I now know off by heart and all the other security details before I got confirmation my bum had been allocated a seat.
And silly me for thinking it was a one off computer blip...major catastrophe when I logged in again to book the flight to Hobbycraft...up popped Mr Dell Diagnostics with a critical warning...in not so many words...it seems the old computer is on it's last legs and I fear he needs replacing...crikey please don't die right now was going through my head.  So I switched off...switched on again with everything crossed...softly softly catchey monkey...whispering words of encouragement instead of my usual "oh for goodness sake...get on with it" atitude...breathing a huge sigh of relief that I won't be walking to Birmingham after all.
I don't have time to go and shop for a new computer right now so it looks like I'll be lavishing the old boy with lots of TLC and crossing my fingers that I can keep him going into 2014.
And there's more grumpy news...what popped through the letterbox last week might well put the scuppers on January's planned samples and workshop projects...a Jury Citation for the High Court...a real spanner in the works...who knows how long I'll be there sitting twiddling my crafty thumbs doing nothing but listening to the evidence and the High Court bit tells me I could be in for the long haul...it's definitely not going to be "a 5 minute...you've stolen a sandwich from Tesco" session that's for sure...here's hoping the powers that be take one look at this crazy old biddy and decide I'm not jury material.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx