Monday, February 3, 2014

Back In The Swing...

Hi folks...I'm back in the swing of all things crafty...3 days off seems to have boosted the old energy levels again...I'm churning out the Fiskars samples for Stitches at a rate of knots frantically trying to keep up with Mr Mojo...
and even managed to sneak in a magazine project in between...
and complete the dreaded step-by-steps without the usual tantrums but the floor is back to being littered with all the pesky punched out debris...
 and my desk is a midden again...
but the hunky joiners will soon be back on site and the DIY jobs are a-calling so I donned that ever so flattering face mask and sanded down the staircase...oh boy that is one messy job...why don't specs come with built in windscreen wipers and as for my hair...stiff as a board and now the colour of driven snow. I was tickled pink on my return from Leeds to see that hubby had been busy with the paint tray and roller...woohoo the paint job on the walls of the downstairs and upstairs halls has also been ticked off the "jobs to do" list...leaving the tricky bit...the staircase wall. Circus acrobat I definitely am not...balancing on a ladder way up high is an adventure too far even for this intrepid crafty person so I'm off to see if I can hire some sort of platform contraption...something safe to stand on while I twist my neck this way and that...head flattened against the ceiling...that body contortion exercise commonly known as "cutting in" and then a dash across town to pick up the new doors...hinges and handles.
And just to confirm that I currently have rocket fuel flowing through my veins and a jet engine strapped to my back...I've managed to make a start on my homework from the fabulous...



which has left me wondering if the 3 days off a week routine is the way to go...less time means less faffing around.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx