Friday, November 28, 2014

Chaos In The Cubbyhole...

Hi everyone...the cubbyhole paint job is coming along...slow but sure but hey all work and no play is no fun at all so I'm abandoning the DIY chaos...
 and the Health & Safety hazards in the corner...
in favour of some time off with my bestest buds...a fun "eating out with a little bit of shopping thrown in for good measure" Black Friday expedition with who else but the Friday Girls. Not quite on the same scale as the one in the USA...when shoppers go wild and mayhem is the order of the day and that brings back magical memories of a Thanksgiving Holiday to New York in 2010 with my little Sis....is it really that long ago since I visited my favourite city in the whole world...

and don't be fooled by that beautiful blue sky...oh man it was COLD...I'll never forget that teeth chattering icy blast blowing up the Hudson River and the "I have no feeling in my feet" hours watching Macy's fabulous Thanksgiving Day Parade or the wonderful hours we spent shopping in the largest store on the planet...
standing in line on Black Friday...purses stuffed with discount vouchers to grab the "almost giving it away" bargains with frequent pitstops out to the magical sparkly winter wonderland with trees decorated with twinkly Christmas lights of Herald Square for coffee and absolutely delicious New York style Apple Cinnamon crepes...
and you just never know who you'll bump into in this fun vibrant city...
I would love to make a return visit BUT a trip to NYC is punishing on the old legs and feet...5 days at The NEC is a walk in the park in comparison...would the "4 years older" body survive...who knows...perhaps if I kicked started the old fitness regime again now and got into the mindset...it's a NEVER SAY NEVER...mind over matter...NO PAIN...NO GAIN and worry about the fall out later situation...don't you think.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx