Saturday, February 7, 2015

Night Time Adventures...

Hi folks...apologies if you popped over thinking this post was all about saucy goings on at Chez Kath...I WISH or on second thoughts perhaps not.  By day I've been busy nailing the DT crafty deadlines...hence I'm reduced to sharing sneaky peeks again...

but when darkness falls I've been getting to grips with this woolly parcel...
I got an e-mail from the lovely Lisa at Sunrise Senior Living asking if I would be willing to take part in a charity knitting project called "KNIT FOR WINTER"...using knitting to raise money for dementia charities because studies have shown that knitting and other simple skills can help dementia patients and even delay memory loss.  To knit cold weather items to raise money for charities who support the elderly who struggle with the falling temperatures each year. Well...there but for the grace of God go you and I so I said YES.
Now it's years since I knitted anything on the round with 4 four needles...in fact it was in the last century...yes the middle of the 20th century to be precise...it took me a while to get my head round casting on to 3 needles and even longer before I completed my first round but you know me...dog with a bone and all that and just like riding a bike...after a couple of hours I was knitting and purling like a pro and much to my surprise it actually looks like a fingerless mitten...
 and for this party animal...Saturday night's excitement will be getting to grips with creating the thumb...
and then...woohoo it will be ONE down and on to the next ONE...I'm thinking I may take up knitting again...it sure has curtailed the night-time bad habit of raiding the biscuit tin.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx