Monday, February 8, 2016

Temptation is everywhere...

Hi Everyone...Happy Monday morning from the cubbyhole crew...we're clocking in bright and early and don't let appearances fool you...my furry companion is a coiled spring... ready to jump into action at a moment's notice.
Lots to do today...the outgoing mail department will be wrapping and packing the Fiskars samples for the Stitches Trade Show...ready for Mr Hermes to collect and speed on their way to Birmingham and it's time for me to pull on my big girl knickers and nail those pesky step-by-step instructions...
and then tackle the task of applying gesso to cardstock for the latest "better late than never" challenge I've set myself...making a 12 page back-to-back altered art/mixed media Shari Carroll inspired album that was on 2015's crafty list but somehow ended up at the bottom of the things to do pile...have I just shot myself in the foot making such a bold statement of intention...
Well...let's just say that's the theory but in practice...there's a problem...temptation is everywhere...for starters...the incoming mail department has just announced the arrival of a "woohoo new Tim Holtz products" parcel...
 not to mention the pile of "left over from a Fiskars project" Mini Eggs...
How's my willpower...on a scale of 1 to 10...probably 1 and a bit so it's going to be a tough "temptation is everywhere" kind of a day but these delicious little spheres of chocolate goodness may be just what I need...a welcome distraction to keep me focused on the tasks ahead and a well deserved reward if I succeed in sticking to the plan.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx