Friday, October 28, 2016

"12 Tags of 2016"...October

Hi folks...crikey here I am skidding in by the seat of my pants with this month's tag for...
and to be honest it's a miracle I've got a tag to share at all...


and when all's said and done...this month's "adapt and overcome" adventure didn't go according to plan at all and not even the state of the art photographic studio could make this month's effort look good but hey ho...you win some...you lose some....I'm not beating myself up because there's been more than enough gnashing of teeth trauma in the cubbyhole over the last few weeks...the Fiskars samples parcel has still not been delivered 27 days after it left here...it's been sitting at Hermes International Hub since 8th October with an "Address Query" and despite contacting them on numerous occasions to confirm the address (which I've been using for years with no problems)...that there are no problems with access or parking and suggesting they use the recipient's contact telephone number I provided to facilitate delivery...they have now decided in their wisdom to return it to me and that can take 2-8 weeks apparently....seriously you could not make this up if you tried...their incompetence and lack of common sense is on a whole other level and what can you do when you're dealing with people who were given a brain but are reluctant to use it BUT pray that the parcel eventually arrives back home safely because science as far as I know has not yet found a cure for STUPID.
But there's no time for meltdowns in the cubbyhole...we're moving on to Round 2 of the Fiskars New Product Samples this time with a Christmas/Valentine/Easter theme...another sewing adventure with the new Fabric Circle Cutter and Chenille Maker...
and if things go according to plan...she says with fingers crossed...they may well be travelling to Paris in the company of their Round 1 friends. If I had a say in the matter it would be on a first class BA flight to Paris with me as chaperone but it's more likely to be via a "once bitten twice shy-lesson learned" more reliable courier.
But hey...it's Friday and a day out with the girls beckons...first stop a Fiskars Christmas Fabric shopping spree followed by lunch and a good old natter. Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing and I'll see you all on Monday to share my project for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Hugs Kath xxx