Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Volume 2...

Hi Everyone..if you pop by this old blog regularly you'll know I'm one of those " a place for everything and everything in it's place/can't stand clutter" kind of folks. 
I store my Tim Holtz Layering Stencils in tag shaped ring files easy to flip and find the stencil I want which is a bonus when my back is up the against the wall nailing deadlines but with the arrival of the new boys it became apparent there was going to be a "bursting at the seams" issue with the large stencils. A quick re-jig of the filing system dividing them up into A-L and M-Z was the obvious answer so without further ado...everything else was put on hold and the kettle switched on...ready for a "watching the snow flurries outside" crafty session creating Layering Stencils Volume 2 to sit alongside his Volume 1 companion...
I used the stencil backing sheet as a template to trace on to thick chipboard and cut out to make front and back covers...
covered them with Tim Holtz Distress Mixed Media Heavystock which is the perfect surface for working with Distress Crayons...
so smooth that the crayons glide over the surface and blend beautifully. At this stage I'm not too bothered about the coverage...I'm just laying down some colour as a background for more layering techniques...
and I have no plan...I'm just playing...going with the flow and seeing where this adventure takes me...starting off with one of the new Mini Layering Stencils from Set 26...lifting the colour from the background through the stencil with a slightly damp kitchen towel...
then applying Ground Espresso Distress Ink through the Slate stencil from Set 28...
and because I LOVE my Layering Stencils...the perfect stamp set to use for this LOVE themed project was Stampers Anonymous Watercolor inked with Black Archival...
I dabbed Picked Raspberry Distress Paint on to the large hearts stamp with my finger...
and stamped in the centre of the cover...
repeated with Picket Fence Distress Paint to soften the colour slightly and add a textured look...the joys of using The Misti...
randomly stamped images from Stampers Anonymous Documented to add more interest...
and continuing with the "Heart" theme...die-cut Simon Says Stamp Stacked Hearts twice from white cardstock and coloured one with Picked Raspberry Distress Crayon...
cut into sections...fixed in place with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and tucked some of the coloured hearts back into the die cut...
 stamped three butterflies from Stampers Anonymous Watercolor with Black Archival Ink...
and the centre butterfly again on to Distress Mixed Media Heavystock coloured with Distress Crayons...
fussy cut and fixed in place with Multi Medium Matte...no flying away 3D butterflies on this project...
and we're almost done but we need some numbers and let's not forget the "can't craft without" Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers...
and a little bit of Picket Fence Distress Paint splattering...
In the meantime...have fun and happy crafting...it's going to be a busy week on this old blog...I'll be back tomorrow at 7.00pm to share some very exciting news.
Hugs Kath xxx