Thursday, February 23, 2017

Amazing...

Hi Everyone...I'm in taking things easy mode until the old body catches up after spending 4 AMAZING fun days at Stitches with my Fiskars family and crafty buddies. I'm not going to lie...set up day is hard work but it's so rewarding to see the end result...the brand new stand to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of our "known the world over...iconic" Orange Handled Scissors looked AMAZING.



On your feet all day and the constant chatting do take their toll but it can hardly be considered work when all you're doing basically is meeting lots of lovely people...playing all day with fabulous products alongside the best team ever...the most wonderful caring funny and fun people to hang out with.
The tone for the whole weekend was set when this old grandma...our new Sewing Demonstrator Keren and our boss man from Fiskars HQ wearily headed to our hotel after set up to check in...the young lad on reception obviously misunderstood my comment that we were all together and allocated us ONE room with a kingsize and single bed and 3 key cards. I love my team mates to bits but hey bunking up together would definitely have been taking our friendship a step too far.
The lovely Keren did an AMAZING job showcasing the new Fabric Circle Cutter...
while I spent my time trying to stop our adorable UK Account Manager Steve from completely taking over my punch work station...

Ta...da...well done Steve...definitely one for the Fiskars Wall Of Fame...I fear I may be out of a job...
The stand was so busy that I never found time to walk the show and suss out what's new in our crafty world...I did however manage to catch up with a few old friends...the ones who are most likely to lead me astray given the chance...the gorgeous Marion...Sharon and Paula...
and it was wonderful to finally meet the lovely Els from Elizabeth Craft Designs
I did manage to grab a quick catch up with my favourite crafty people...you all know who you are and I have to say a huge thank you to two of my bestest buddies... Enfys for her "we couldn't have done it without you" help with set up and breakdown and to Anne for this AMAZING stunning "Eileen Hull Sewing Box" gift...

to Diane from the Fiskarettes Design Team for this super cute pin cushion and yummy Dark Chocolate.


and not forgetting Fiskars...for my gorgeous new scissors...

When you work with lots of products...you just can't help having favourites...the Power Punches definitely fall into that category and I totally fell in love with the Love and Ampersand Intricate Punches from the new release. Three days of playing resulted in one or two lightbulb "how to get more bang for your buck" moments which I'll be sharing with you soon but I've been suffering from mega withdrawal symptoms and am looking forward to getting back to some serious Distress Oxide playtime.
Hugs Kath xxx