Thursday, July 27, 2017

If Life Gives You Lemons...

Hi Everyone...I had a little play last week with the Artsy Fruits stamp set from Simon Says "One Of A Kind" release to make an Art Journal page with a "If Life Gives You Lemons...Make Lemonade" theme...a lots of artistic licence and use your imagination page...
I applied a wash of Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink over the pages, dried, spritzed with water and then flicked the ink left on my craft mat over the pages using a small paintbrush...
I stamped the rind from the watermelon, the orange centre with Fossilized Amber, the stalk with Vintage Photo and leaves with Peeled Paint to create some (artistic licence) lemons...
and used Tim Holtz Block Lower and Type Lower foam stamps with Distress Paints to create the wording...

I stamped the Lemon outline with Black Archival and the centres with Fossilized Amber and used the Mini Layering Stencil with Twisted Citron to add some interest to the gaps between the fruits...
I used Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink and the Detailer Brush to add shading on the lemons and Vintage Photo to create a shadow underneath.
I outlined the words with a Black Fine Liner Pen, added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint and Idea-ology Label Letters to complete the sentiment
I'll be back tomorrow to share some fruity watercolours...in the meantime have fun whatever you're doing.
Hugs Kath xxx