Friday, July 21, 2017

it's that Sepia look again...

Hi folks...I couldn't resist just one more play with the Antique Linen/Frayed Burlap/Black Soot combination of Distress Oxide inks and that gorgeous Bouquet Of Thanks stamp set from Simon Says Stamp to make a fairly simple card...
well that was the theory but in practice it turned a bit more complicated than I first thought. After I created the Distress Oxide background I stamped the image around the edges of the card for placement and then stamped multiply times on to Distress Watercolor card which involved a major die-cutting session followed by a marathon water colouring adventure. I fixed the die-cuts flat over the stamped images but on reflection I should have popped some of them up on 3D foam pads to create dimension but no way was I starting over...
I finished off by stamping the sentiments from the Bouquet Of Thanks stamp set with Black Soot Distress Oxide (twice with the Stamp Platform to get a really dark impression) and I know I've said it before but I'm shouting from the rooftops again...I love love love how well Distress Oxides stamp even when using a fine script sentiment.
Yesterday's road trip was put on hold thanks to thunderstorms and flooding in my little corner of the world so I headed back to the cubbyhole and finally got round to unpacking and die-cutting this little beauty...
to make what I'm sure will be the first of many Eileen Hull Junk Journals.  Sadly demand for this amazing die has outstripped supply...it's as scarce as hen's teeth apparently but a little birdie tells me it is still available at Simon Says Stamp and I have added the link to the products list below.
Have a great weekend whatever you have planned and I'll see you all on Monday.
Hugs Kath xxx