Thursday, October 19, 2017

Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series - Something Wicked This Way Comes...

Hi folks...I'm sharing the how-to and links to the products I used to make my "Something Wicked This Way Comes" card for the Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Stamp Sets - Ravens/Skulls and Cobwebs and the sentiment from Monstrous...

I started off by colouring the card blank with Wilted Volet Distress Oxide ink using the diret to paper technique, cut a panel of Distress Watercolor card to be slightly smaller and dabbed Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves and a little Black Soot Distress Oxides on to my non-stick craft mat, pulled the panel through the ink, dried and spritzed with water and then tapped the panel on to the craft mat to picked up the remaining droplets, dried and spritzed again until I was happy with the background. I inked up the Skulls background stamp with Black Soot Distress Oxide and stamped randomly on the background. I also stamped the Raven image on to the background and again on to Distress Watercolor card. I stamped the splatter image from Ravens with Versamark ink, heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing powder and because I didn't use an anti-static powder tool, it stuck to some of the Skulls stamping but hey I don't mind, it makes it looks more grungy and less perfect...
I cut out the Raven leaving a white border around the edges, layered on top of the stamped image using 3D foam pads and added a spider from Idea-ology Halloween Remnant Rubs. I coloured an Idea-ology Cross Bones Adornment with Picket Fence Distress Paint and threaded on to black Eclectic Elements thread wound around the top of the panel and tied in a bow.
I stamped the sentiment from Monstrous on to a strip of Idea-ology Plain Tissue Wrap with Versamark ink, heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder and also stamped a small portion of the skulls background with Black Archival. I tore the strip, fixed to the back of the panel and added some hand stitching with the Eclectic Elements thread.
I'll be sharing my "Hocus Pocus/Scared Silly" card tomorrow, the last of my projects for Week 3 of the Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series and can't wait to see what Tim will be sharing in Week 4.
Hugs Kath xxx