Friday, October 20, 2017

Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series...Scared Silly

Hi Folks...today I'm sharing the "Scared Silly" card I made for the Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series...

I started off by colouring my card blank with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink using the direct to paper technique, cut Distress Watercolor card and paper from the Halloween Stash pad to be slightly smaller. I fixed the paper in place and used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stitched Rectangles Thinlits to die cut apertures in the Distress Watercolor card. I tapped Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide inks on to my non-stick craft mat, pulled the card through the ink, dried, spritzed with water and repeated to pick up the remaining droplets.  I then used a blending tool with Black Soot Diistress Oxide to darken up the edges and create shadows around the apertures. I used the Crossed Mini Layering Stencil with Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks to add interest to the background. I added the panel to the card popped up on 3D Foam Tape to create dimension.
I stamped the images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Scared Silly on to Distress Watercolor card with Black Archival, coloured with Distress Markers and the Detailer Brush, cut out and arranged in the apertures.
I stamped the sentiments on to card coloured with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade using Black Soot Distress Oxide and on to black card using Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Clear and Super Fine White Embossing Powder. I finished off by adding Ranger Glossy Accents to the eyes on the skeleton and pumpkins, the band on the witches hat and the eye in the jar.
It's Friday and the weekend beckons, have a great one whatever you have planned and I'll see you all on Monday with my DT project for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...in the meantime the cubbyhole is well and truly in Christmas mode...

Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx