Thursday, December 14, 2017

Holiday Postmarks Address Book...

Hi folks...just a quick post today to share my new Christmas Card Address Book. The one I've used for years was showing a bit of wear and tear so I picked up a replacement at the local discount store and used the Tim/Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Holiday Postmarks stamp set to jazz it up a little.
I trimmed a panel of Idea-ology Corrugated Textured Surface to fit the front, highlighted the texture with Picket Fence Distress Paint and scuffed up the edges with the Craft Scratcher. I cut a panel of Distress Watercolor card slightly smaller, masked off  the bottom to create snowbanks and smooshed it around in a puddle of  Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink, dried, spritzed with water and tapped repeatedly to pick up the remaining ink. I stamped the images from Hoiday Postmarks all over the backgound with Black Soot and Carnation Red Archival inks, coloured the trees with Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Oxides using a Detailer Brush and shaded the snowbanks and around the edges of the panel with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.

I used the Starry Layering Stencil and Ranger Grit Paste to add some texture to the background. I coloured scraps of card with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink, stamped the sentiments with Versamark, heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder and cut out. I finished off by adding Red Eclectic Elements thread to decorate.
And now that I've written all my cards, I'm off to run the gauntlet of the long queues at the Post Office...I may need a few coffee and a mince pie treats to recover from that annual ordeal.
See you all soon
Hugs Kath xxx