Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Ranger 2017 Designer Challenge...

Hi Folks...I can't begin to describe how gobsmacked, amazed, over the moon, honoured and thrilled I was to be invited by Ranger and Tim Holtz to take part in the Ranger 2017 Designer Challenge at Creativation (CHA) but once I picked myself up off the floor and had a calming cuppa...I was WOOHOO...dancing on the ceiling and jumping up and down with excitement.
the theme was the 
Evolution of Distress 
each artist was allocated a Distress product to work with 
and woohoo I got the new Distress Crayon colours being launched at CHA...
and 
Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Etcetera Large Thick Board Tag 14.1/4" x 8.1/4"
Distress Media Heavystock Card and Tags
Distress Collage Medium Matte
Set of Distress Collage Brushes
I immediately fell in love with the vintage tones of Set 10...
Iced Spruce/Aged Mahogany/Wild Honey/Tea Dye/ Forest Moss and Gathered Twigs
and the Etcetera Thick Board Tag which comes in 3 sizes...what a fabulous surface to work on...
and here's how I used the products to decorate my tag...

using Ranger Texture Paste...Harlequin Layering Stencil and Collage Medium Matte
Sizzix BigZ Butterfly Duo and Texture Fade...
and Sizzix Wildflowers Thinlits...

I die cut the Wildflowers and Butterflies from the Distress Mixed Media Heavystock Card and oh boy does this card love Distress Crayons...they go on like butter and blend beautifully...
and thankfully it made it's way safely across the pond to Phoenix Arizona...
ready for showtime...you can see how the other Designer Challenge artists...including my lovely buddies Emma...Kaz...Zoe and Kassa decorated their tags...time to feast your eyes on the magic of Distress.

If like me you've been glued to the computer for days following Tim's Facebook Live feeds you'll know that things are about to become a whole lot more magical with the addition of Distress Oxides to the line...woohoo I can't wait to play but first I'll be hitting the cubbyhole running in an effort to play catch-up...back to the daily 9-5...back to the here and now.
Hugs Kath xxx