Sunday, February 10, 2013

Something Old...Something New...Day 5

Hi folks...I'm loving this whole new cubbyhole philosophy of using up the old stuff along with the new and when I said I would be sharing the projects I've made for a week...well that could well turn out to be the understatement of the century. I've unearthed so much stuff that I may well be stuck in this crafty groove for ever...so expect a few more posts in the "Something Old...Something New" style
NEW STUFF
Canvas Frame
Paperartsy Crackly Tissue Paper
Studio 490 Stencils for Art
and Dylusions Number Jumble Stencil
NEARLY NEW STUFF
which I've had for a while but not used as much as I should
 THE OLDIE BUT STILL A GOODIE
I love this funky bird from Hero Arts
you could say this ended up another "warts 'n all" project...
The fact that this one didn't go so well is a bit of an understatement...first off...Leandra from Paperartsy suggests that you stick the crackly tissue down to the canvas with Fresco Finish Satin Glaze but I didn't have any and used Multi Medium instead...big-a-mistake-a to make...the tissue immediately wrinkled but I was determined to smooth it out so I brushed over and over it ending up with my once-crisp stamped image going a bit fuzzy...absolute disaster darling and little did that cute little funky bird realise he was going to end up an old wrinkly...
and that big "B" needs more dimension...perhaps I should have used a chipboard letter but hey this crafting thing is a great big learning curve and no matter how long you've been crafting...there's no guarantee you'll get it spot on all of the time...it's all about hindsight...being wiser after the event and learning from your mistakes...
I'm having another painty Fresco Finish day decorating a notebook...will I have another go at the Crinkly Tissue Paper technique or will I go down a completely different road...who knows...see you all tomorrow.
And there's a gorgeous give-away over on The Ribbon Girl Blog...
so why don't you hop over and get the details of how you can enter...
Hugs Kath xxx