Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Tunnel Book Saga...

Hi folks, I recently decided to have a go at decorating a Joggles Tunnel Book but being a thrifty Scot...
decided I could make two tunnel books out of one, if I divided up alternate pages
and made two new covers from chipboard for the second book and oh boy, am I glad I did because
I didn't realise as I set out on this decorating adventure what a marathon it would turn out to be, but more about that later. I started off by covering the covers and pages with White Gesso back and front and that was a marathon in itself, waiting for it all to dry. I fixed papers from Tim Holtz Wallflower Paper Stash to both sides of the cover using Distress Collage Medium Matte and repunched the holes. Sharing a little "do as I say, not as I do" tip...repunch the holes as you add each piece of paper because once you have paper on both sides, you can' no longer see where the holes are, simples, but why didn't I realise that.
I fixed torn strips of Menagerie Tissue Wrap in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte and applied a light coat of White Gesso.

and then had lots of messy fun applying Worn Lipstiick , Fossilized Amber and Cracked Pistachio Distress Paints with my fingers followed by a layer of White Gesso
I then added Idea-ology Design Tape and applied Ranger Opaque Texture Paste through the Flourish Mini Layering Stenciland while it was drying, I finger painted all the pages with the same colours, added Idea-ology Design Tape around the edges of all the apertures and added more White Gesso.

I then stamped images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Entomology and Illustrated Garden on the covers and pages using Black Soot and Vintage Photo Archival Inks...
and added words from Idea-ology Chatter Design Tape

And if you're thinking that was a marathon, prepare yourselves for Instalment 2...the diecutting of millions of florals to decorate my nature themed book which may result in a lie down in a darkened room but I'm just thankful that I decided to divide up the original book otherwise I may have been carted off in a strait jacket screaming "I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel". But hey ho, today I'm having a little break, a change of scene which I hope will kick start the motivation and hopefully I'll be back soon to share the completed tome, the War and Peace of Craft Projects.  In the meantime you have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx