Monday, September 1, 2014

From One Extreme To The Other...

Hi folks...after Sunday's mega "eyes out on stalks" and why can you never find a thimble when you need one...sewing marathon...I'm thinking that I should stay in my comfort zone and concentrate on "no stress-easy peasy" card making so I'm sharing one of the "Christmas With Tim Holtz" cards we made at Kath's Klub on Saturday at The Papeterie...a chance to play with some of Tim's new Christmas goodies...
Christmas Blueprints 4
Handwritten Holidays
Holly Bough Stencil

a quick and easy card...great for the mass production Christmas Card making line and it's not going to cost a fortune to mail either. And before you ask...the stamp I used for the side panels is one of my favourites..Envelope Pattern from Hero Arts which goes rather nicely with the cross hatching on the holly. I've fallen in love with the Handwritten Holidays stamp set...they will definitely be this year's go-to Christmas Sentiments.
There's been a rare occurence in the cubbyhole...I've had a brainwave in the pin cushion department...one of those inspiration bolts from the blue. I was determined to make some sort of pin cushion for the Fiskars/Eclectic Elements magazine commission and woohoo I think I've cracked it...I've ditched the over-egging the pudding version and in a moment of divine intervention...came up with a much simpler...made in 30 minutes...why make life more complicated than it needs to be solution. Don't you just love when a plan comes together...if only it happened more often.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx