Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Potting Shed Pop Up Flower Adventure...

Hi folks...crikey...gee whizz can you believe it's the first day of October already...the weather's still surprisingly warm and sunny but let's get real...it probably won't be long before the North Wind shall blow and we shall have snow but I'll be enjoying my first cuppa of the day out in the garden with the Furry Boy and our feathered friends including Robbie who flew in about a month ago while it lasts.
But back to the crafty stuff and Saturday's second workshop project using the fabulous Potting Shed Collection from Craftwork Cards...
and in what can only be described after the event as a moment of madness...I decided to share the Blooming Marvellous tutorial from my Craftwork Cards buddy...the very talented Neil Burley on how to make a pop-up flower...
it's all about folding squares of paper and cutting to create 6 petalled flowers which are then glued together in a specific way to create the pop-up mechanism...easy peasy on paper...not so in practice perhaps but hey it was lots of fun and we got there in the end although I suspect that some of the girls including myself have aged a good few years in the process...
And before I put my Fiskars hat on and get cracking with  the kitting marathon for the NEC workshops...I've been having some road test fun with the fabulous "new to the market" product...Stick-It and will spill the beans tomorrow.
Hugs Kath xxx