Thursday, April 25, 2013

So far...so good...

Hi folks...well so far so good...I'm still managing to keep up the cubbyhole tradition of posting every day...did you really think that this old crafter would allow a little thing like a kitchen make-over to deprive me  of doing what I love best...what keeps me sane in this mad old world we live in...time spent in the fun place we call "the cubbyhole"...a place of peace and tranquility (well not all of the time) where coffee...craft and The Furry Boy rule.
And I have to come clean...we're only here because...surprise...surprise the DIY make-over has ground to a bit of a halt waiting for the plaster to dry...it's very frustrating...a bit like the old saying...a watched kettle never boils or in this case...watching paint dry...
talking of paint...I'm itching to get it on the wall but first there's a major decision to be made...the COLOUR...now here's a thing...who would have thought that Mrs Indecisive would have managed to narrow it down to TWO...Woodland Pearl or Golden Rambler out of the billions of colour mixes available now...changed days from MAGNOLIA...MAGNOLIA or MAGNOLIA...which one should I choose bearing in mind it will have to blend in with my hair...oh yes I'll be sporting the paint splattered look for weeks...who needs to pay for mega expensive streaks at the hairdresser when you can get it for free with a tin of emulsion and a roller.
A decision that has to made this morning on the 20 minute drive to my local B&Q before I scoot across town to the Builders Merchants to order the flooring and doors...crikey this Project Manager job is harder than you think but no point in getting stressed...hey I can do CHAOS...after all it's my middle name and here's what I've been playing with while we await the pleasure of the next phase of this "who's bright idea was this" make-over...having oodles of fun with the Melt Pot...Bedazzles and Perfect Pearls...
and if I say so myself...I'm rather chuffed with my first efforts...although I haven't quite mastered "the cut off the flow of UTEE with your spatula" trick yet...definitely a new addiction thanks to my lovely buddy Hels...
In the meantime why don't you hop over to Craftworks Card Blog for Day 3 of Beautiful Bunting Inspiration from my teamie Tina and have you seen the fantastic offer on the brand new Goody Boxes...ends today so get your skates on...
and I'll see you all tomorrow to share some more Melt Pot creations...
Hugs Kath xxx