Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Doing Battle With The Weather

Hi my friends, I've been doing battle with the unpredictable weather. What started out as beautiful hot sunshine mornings, sitting outside enjoying the first cuppa of the day, turned, in the flick of a cow's tail, into horrendous monsoon downpours which continued off and on for 3 days but I grabbed every sunshine opportunity and finally managed to complete the first coat on the inside of the fence. I've always been a "once I've started on a task, I'm all out to get it finished" kind of a person but hey, life has thrown us all the biggest curve ball lately and life is too short to stress about when Coat No 2 gets done or the fact that painting the outside will have to wait until the man from the Council on his big ride-on grass cutting machine arrives to chop down the 3 foot high overgrown jungle on the other side.
And when the heavens opened, I ditched the paintbrush and headed to the cubbyhole to try out some of the techniques that Tim shared in his Facebook Live Alcohol Ink Part 2 Q+A demo which if you missed it, you can re-watch over on Tim's Blog HERE.
Some went well, others not so but I'm embracing my imperfections and am on a mission to turn them all into cards come what may and will share soon.
And woohoo, Tim will be launching his Seasonal Sizzix Chapter 3 Dies in a Facebook Live 2-Day Extravaganza so make sure to tune in tonight at 10.00am PST, 6.00pm if you're in the UK and 7.00pm for Europe for Halloween
and the same time on Thursday for Christmas
I've booked my seat and hope to see you there
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Kath the weather has been crazy, but sunshine to follow, I hope. Your fence is looking great and your samples are as gorgeous as ever.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather changed really badly here too! come back sunshine nice though that we can turn to crafting when the weather isn't fit enough to go out hopefully the fence will get finished and once the trees are lobbed you can get on with other garden jobs love your creations stay safe x

    ReplyDelete