Saturday, May 4, 2013

Penny Black Saturday May Challenge...

Morning folks...the crafty girl has popped out of hibernation or escaped from the kitchen make-over chain gang to be more precise because it's Saturday and time for this month's challenge from Penny Black Saturday which is a nice easy one...
ANYTHING GOES
and here's my "managed to sneak into the cubbyhole" card...there was no time to muck about this month over egging the pudding...a bit of a back up against the wall...rushing at the last minute effort but I rather like it...love the gorgeous butterflies stamped and embossed on to Hero Arts beautiful layering papers and I seem to be drawn to neutral colours at the moment...blame all those paint charts I've been pondering over of late...


and a sidey-on view of my ready to fly off butterflies...
As always there are fabulous prizes...gift vouchers to spend over at...
thanks again to our wonderful sponsors for their generosity

The weather forecast isn't looking too good for the Bank Holiday weekend...a perfect excuse to retreat to your crafty space, look out your Penny Blacks and get inking...me I'm on demolition duty trying to persuade some pesky tiles to loosen their grip on the walls and I have the sneakiest of feelings that it may end up with the men in white coats arriving with a straitjacket with my name on it.
Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you tomorrow to share another "sneaky play" make
Hugs Kath xxx

32 comments:

  1. Kath this card is stunning and I love the colours! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...butterflies are always a winner Kath, love the neutral tones very elegant, have a super weekend...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the taupe Kath! The butterflies are lovely and what a fab card!! Good luck with those pesky tiles! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I wish I could come up with a card as beautiful as this with one hand whilst decorating with the other! :). It's stunning Kath. Hope the tiles don't drive you too mad xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful neutral toned card and just adore the gorgeous butterflies. Here's hoping the tiles don't win and that you get a bit of crafty time. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely stunning card Kath - the neutral tones are just fabulous and the butterflies so pretty! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this - the butterflies are fabulous and i love the neutral shades x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as ever Kath. I love butterflies. The colour tones are stunning and the white embossing really pops.
    Enjoy the bank holiday, don't let the tiles get the better of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The neutrals just swing my boat - & I love your butterflies about to fly off somewhere warmer & more quiet........ take care with those tiles & make sure you're wearing protective eye gear.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the colour combination and the butterflies. Good luck with the tile removal
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card Kath, those butterflies are beautiful. Your furry stand in did a wonderful job whilst you were busy elsewhere. Give him some hugs from me. Have a good day and rest as well. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew you would surprise us with a gorgeous card even though you're up to your ears in paint and dust......hang in there Kath!!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card Kath. The style and colours are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't have too many butterflies Kath and these are fab. Hope you didn't spend as much time as me choosing your new tiles - I drove myself silly - but I still love them 10 months on! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is gorgeous. Weather here is lovely again, sorry. Hope yours gets better soon too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card Kath. Love the butterflies.

    Hope you're not working to hard at your demolition job!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your butterflies are just beautiful Kath, love the dimension and neutral colours...gorgeous..very classy.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the neutral colours on this on Kath, it's smashing.
    We've the wet stuff here in Glasgow too. Spring had most definitely not sprung here:(
    Hope those tiles don't give you too much trouble
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely...these kraty/creamy.neutral colours look so good together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Kath!
    Liselot

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really beautiful Kath.Love these stamps and papers.Have a good weekend and good luck with those tiles.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kath, love your butterfly card , the colours look great on it yet it's not a colour I would think of using. The stamps are gorgeous you can never go wrong with butterflies... Trish

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry I missed your post yesterday but having a lovely busy time as it's my birthday today.Had some lovely surprises this weekend from some lovely friends who I am so lucky to have.Love this card Kath.!X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kath, I love your card. You used lovely colors and the butterflies are gorgeus. Hi from Slovenia, Maja

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous...these neutrals are a hit with me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! What a stunning card! Butterflies are al
    ways a winnee, but even more so on these neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so gorgeous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning layout & great color combo. Even with the neutral colors used, this card manages to pop with such joy & energy. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  29. What is this beautiful. Love the combination of the beautiful papercolors and not to forget the wonderful butterfly.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this card, congratulations on being spotted xx

    ReplyDelete