Friday, May 21, 2021

What a week that was...

Hi my friends, I'm sneaking in with an end of the week post and what a week it's been. It all kicked off on Tuesday afternoon when out of the blue, I couldn't access my e-mails. No-one knows what goes on inside those packages of technology that we all rely on so much and despite 3 days of doing this, that and the other to try to restore my communications with the outside world, I lost the battle when my laptop went into black screen mode showing the error message - critical process died. Fed up of faffing around, it was time to package him up for his final journey to the skip at the recycle centre and find a replacement. So with communications now restored, I decided to use two of the Alcohol Ink backgrounds I made following the Tim Holtz YouTube Live last Saturday and created 2 cards with "note to self" encouraging words. When life or technology kicks you in the teeth, all we can do is pick ourselves up, smile and do our best.

I began by creating two backgrounds on 5" x 7" panels of Distress White Yupo using Moss and Mushroom Alcohol inks and Mined Alloy,
and Dijon, Mermaid and Cobalt Alcohol inks
I inked the largest image from Simon Says Dandelion Messages with Versamark ink, stamped on to both panels and heat embossed with Simon Says Fine Detail White Embossing Powder. Yupo is a plastic substrate so it's important to keep your heat tool moving and not overheat to prevent warping.

I coloured the back of Tim Holtz Ideaology Transparent Wings with Dijon Alcohol Ink and fixed to scraps of Yupo and trimmed.
I fixed Tim Holtz Ideaology Velvet Trim across the bottom of the panel and fixed the Transparent Wings in place, adding adhesive only to the centres to create dimension.

I added an Idea-ology Transparent Wing to the edge of the panel and another to a scrap of Yupo and fussy cut.
I trimmed both panels to 4.1/4" x 6.1/4", matted on to Simon Says Black cardstock trimmed to be slighty larger, fixed to 4.1/2" x 6.1/2" White card blanks and added Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sentiments Label Stickers.




Have a great weekend whatever your plans are and happy crafting.
Hugs Kath xxx

5 comments:

  1. I often wonder how we managed before all this techno stuff we have now Kath, couldn't go back and glad you got sorted.
    Love the cards you made they are amazing, as always.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous backgrounds Kath! Your color combinations are always the best! Glad to have you back online!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love the backgrounds and cards. Love/hate technology.....Mostly Love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and creative card s absolutely stunning backgrounds x

    ReplyDelete