Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Hello There

Hi my friends, unless you've been abducted by aliens, you'll know that a brand new product has joined the Distress Family - Hello There to 3 sets of Distress Watercolor Pencils. If you missed Tim's YouTube Live launch at the weekend, you can catch up with Tim's amazing product walk-through and inspirational demos over on his YouTube Channel HERE.I do not consider myself a water colourist by any means but I have tried many watercolour pencils over the years and never had much success with them. My choice up to now for watercolouring would always be Distress Reinkers so I was excited and intriqued to try out the new boys in town and as always started off with creating some swatches.I will be sharing a more in depth blog post later in the month once I've had more time to play and get better acquainted with the Distress Watercolor Pencils. In the meantime I'm sharing a card using 5 of the colours from Set 1 to create a simple blended background and stamped with images from Simon Says Vintage Garden, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink.


I scribbled the Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint and Villainous Potion pencils on to a 3.1/4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card and oh boy, these pencils have so much pigment.
I used my Distress Detailer Brush to activate and blend the colours, moving the brush back and forth between the colours and woohoo, for a first attempt, I was very happy with the result, not bad for a novice and who knew that the shavings from the Black Soot pencil, spritzed with water, made gorgeous splatters. I'm going to save those shavings from now on, in a jar to use for future projects.
I stamped the images from Simon Says Vintage Garden, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival.
and added an Idea-ology Sentiments Label Sticker.
I matted the panel on to Black Alcohol ink cardstock trimmed to 3.3/4" x 5.3/4" and fixed to a 4" x 6" white card blank.


Can I tell you a secret, it's official, I'm definitely in love with the Distress Watercolor pencils, I can tell we are going to be friends and I can't wait to play some more and try out lots of techniques.
Hugs Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, if this card is anything to go by we can expect wonderful things with these pencils. I must admit I would love to try them out but maybe more Christmas time, I can ask Santa, in the mean time I look forward to more from you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath your card is gorgeous you make it look so easy and those pencils looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous!!! I think sometimes we make things harder than they actually are because we over-think it....like Tim says, "don't over-think the ink". Can hardly wait for mine to arrive,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete