Friday, September 2, 2022

Simon Says - STAMPtember Blog Party

Hi my  friends, the month long STAMPtember celebration of stamps, dies, stencils and more has begun over at Simon Says Stamp and you're invited to join in the fun.

Throughout STAMPtember, Simon Says Stamp will be celebrating every day, posting exclusive collaborations, contests, prizes, special promotions, announcements and even more surprises on Simon Says Stamp Blog. To get the party started, there's a special STAMPtember BLOG PARTY today on Simon's Blog and I'm thrilled to be joining lots of my Simon Says friends to share lots of inspiration using the new products - click HERE to join the party and check out the list of participants. You will also find a promotional code on each blog participating in the party to receive a free gift with a qualifying purchase.


 
and you can check out all the fabulous new products from the STAMPtember release HERE.

I created a card using the super cute Layered Squirrel, Sparkling Facets Embossing Folder and Sassy Thankful stamp set from the STAMPtember release.

I spritzed an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card with water, placed the panel in the Simon Says Sparkling Facets Embossing Folder and ran it through my die-cutting machine. I smooshed Twisted Citron/Mowed Lawn Distress Oxides and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, tapped the panel into the inks repeatedly and dried.
I coloured scraps of Distress Watercolor card with Antique Linen Distress Oxide and Rusty Hinge, Crackling Campfire and Ground Espresso Distress Inks, die-cut the Layered Squirrel and assembled.
I stamped the large sentiment, acorns and oak leaf from the Sassy Thankful stamp set on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival, coloured with Distress inks using a Distress Detailer Brush and fussy cut. I stamped the smaller sentiment, inked with Versamark ink on to a scrap of Simon Says Dark Chocolate cardstock, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder, heat set and fussy cut. I attached the squirrel and the sentiments to the panel using Simon Says Foam Squares.
I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the squirrel's nose and eye and fixed the panel to an A2 Distress Kraft HeavyStock card blank.

I hope you enjoy visiting all the talented makers participating in this fun Blog Party. I'm off to make myself a cuppa and join you.
Hugs Kath xxx

12 comments:

  1. So sweet! And thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great background and the squirrel is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little squirrel is so adorable! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your squirrel is adorable; the color gradation is perfect. Then your background reminds of fall leaves. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time to your website...So very sorry you lost your buddy, please accept my condolences! [sad face with tears]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo Adorable!!!! Love your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful card. Love the squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card. The squirrel is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love squirrels! Reminds me of the little squirrel that was listening to me talk to him while he was eating birdseed off the ground. He was a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kath,thanks so much for sharing this.He is just so adorable I love him.Great background as always.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative-and I love that sentiment set!!!

    ReplyDelete