Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Back To The Cubbyhole and other news

Hello my friends, all my crafting intentions and projects were abandoned last week when I heard the news that our beloved Queen had died. We all knew that she wasn't going to be here forever but it was still a massive shock and I found comfort chatting to friends on the phone or curling up in front of the TV shedding lots of tears at the overwhelming outpouring of emotion and tributes from across the world. Most of us never met her yet felt we knew her and it feels like we have lost a much loved family member. I am so honoured that it was the Queen's wish that her coffin be taken by road to Edinburgh giving her subjects in Aberdeenshire and the rest of Scotland the chance to say a final goodbye. And I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that in the space of 72 hours, we have a new Prime Minister AND a new Monarch, King Charles 111. My thoughts and prayers are with the Royal Family.

But needs must and today I'm pleased to say I'm heading back to the cubbyhole and delighted to tell you that, thanks to my wonderful garden crew who turned up on Sunday while I was off on my "paying my last respects" trip and finished the front garden make-over. What a lovely surprise to come home to on a very emotional day. 

We do have one bag of gravel left, better to have too much than too little and no way is that big yellow eyesore going to become a garden feature so they will return to scatter it here and there, the thicker the layer the better, I've heard and I will be trimming up the excess weed control around the edges sooner rather than later hopefully. Now that the monster shrubs have either had a drastic short back or sides or been removed, I have an unrestricted view from the cubbyhole window
which means I can rush to the door the minute my lovely FedEx friend pulls up. Patience is not something that us crafters have much of, even if you already know what the package contains. But must dash and get back to getting inky and cranking the handle on my trusty FoldAway and IF things go according plan, I might, just might, have something to share later in the week 
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. I think we have mostly felt the same Kath about the Queen, its all so sad and massive change.
    I think your garden looks so pretty.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The queen was very loved. She was elegant, smart and an example as to what every leader should be. You're garden is looking lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely and heartfelt post, Kath. The Queen’s passing was felt around the world. Thank you for your eloquent response to her death.
    Love that your family created a new front yard for you, perfect to see the FedX truck πŸ›» arrive. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘to your hard workers, a job well doneπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is so welcoming and warm thoughts felts by all the queen was such a wonderful person everybodies gran as l look at her her passing was so unreal, your garden looks amazing so nice that it was done for you and perfect to see all deliveries from your window take care xx

    ReplyDelete