Thursday, September 29, 2022

Distress Watercolor Pencils Playtime

Hi my friends, playtime continues and I'm sharing a card I made using my Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Watercolor Pencils palette to colour the embossed detail from Simon Says Wildflower Field Embossing Folder on Distress Kraft HeavyStock.


I trimmed Distress Kraft HeavyStock to 4" x 5.1/4", misted generously with water and ran through my die-cutting machine using Simon Says Wildflower Field Embossing Folder.
I coloured the embossed detail with colours from my Distress Watercolor Pencil palette - Picket Fence on the daisies, shaded with Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade on the flower centres. I used Twisted Citron for the foliage and Picked Raspberry for the berries. The pencils are so highly pigmented that I only applied one coat of colour on the foliage and berries. I did apply 2 coats of Picket Fence on the daisies but that was more to help to fade out the Picked Raspberry shading than coverage.
I added splatters of the Picket Fence from the palette and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank. I die-cut the Script Hello shadow twice from Simon Says Vellum and the word 4 times from Distress Watercolor card, layered and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium. To finish I added an  Idea-ology Sentiments Label Sticker. 



I have one more playtime make to share and will be back later today, so watch this space
Hugs Kath xxx