Thursday, September 29, 2022

Playtime - Take 2

Hi my friends, I'm back with the second post of the day to share another card from the playtime adventure with my Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Watercolor Pencils palette using Simon Says Brushed Flowers stamp set and matching dies to create a no line watercolour effect.


I placed the flower and foliage stamps from Simon Says Brushed Flowers on Tim Holtz Grid Blocks, inked with Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink and stamped on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card.
I coloured the images following the lines of the stamping from my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette and die-cut using the matching dies.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", applied a wash of Iced Spruce from the palette with a flat brush and added splatters of the same colour with a smaller brush.
I arranged the flowers and foliage on the panel fixing some down with Distress Collage Medium and others popped up on Simon Says Foam Squares to create dimension 
I stamped the sentiment banner from the stamp set on to the panel, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink. To finish I matted the panel on to Simon Says Black cardstock trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.

Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx