Friday, June 21, 2024

Simon Says - Sunny Vibes Blog Hop - Day 1

Hi my friends, welcome to my stop on Day 1 of the Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop for the Sunny Vibes release.  I'm thrilled to be joining lots of talented friends and designers to share inspiration using products from this fabulous release.

You can check out all the products from this release over at Simon Says Stamp HERE.

Simon Says Stamp has a blog hop exclusive give-away, the Hello stamp and die set is FREE with any purchase of $50 or more, just follow the 3 steps on the graphic to claim your free gift. This promotion is valid until June 23 at 11.59 PM EDT or while supplies last.

Simon Says are also giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop so make sure you leave a comment on each participant's blog to be in with a chance of winning. The winners will be chosen and posted on Simon Says Stamp Blog on Wednesday June 26, and if you are a lucky winner, you can e-mail Simon Says Stamp to claim your prize.

If you arrived from the very talented Barb Engler, you are in the right place but if you happen to get lost along the way, you will find a list of participants at the end of this post to help you get back on track.

I created a set of clean and simple notecards using bright summer colours along with the Summer Fruit Tiles stamp set and Lily Of The Valley Stem Wafer die from the release.
began by creating simple backgrounds on 3.3/4" x 5" panels of Distress Watercolor card using the solid shape images from Simon Says Summer Fruit Tiles stamp set stamped with Simon Says Sage Pawsitively Saturated Ink and Tim Holtz Kitsch Flamingo and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks. I inked the sentiments from the stamp set with Simon Says Intense Black ink and stamped on to one of the shapes. I smooshed the ink pads on to my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and added splatters in colours to match.
I die-cut the Lily Of The Valley Stems Wafer Die from Distress Watercolor card and coloured with Simon Says Pearfection, Field, Sage and Pine Pawsitively Saturated Inks using a Round Detail Blending Brush.
I fixed the stems in place with Distress Collage Medium, added foam squares behind the large leaves to create dimension. 
I matted the panels on to A2 panels of Distress Kraft HeavyStock and fixed to top folding A2 white card blanks.



You'll find more inspiration from the release on Simon Says Stamp Sunny Vibes Gallery HERE and if you make anything with the release, we would love you to share with us all in the Gallery. There will be more fabulous inspiration tomorrow on Day 2 of the Blog Hop that you don't want to miss. In the meantime, I'm off to make myself a cuppa, find a comfy sofa and enjoy an afternoon of blog hopping and being inspired by all the makes.
Hugs Kath xxx

45 comments:

  1. These are cute flowers and love the color blocking in the background.....great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kath - I adore the clean, modern look of these cards. I could make a lot this way! I love lilies of the valley, so these are right up my alley! Great post! TFS -
    Lori S in PA (US)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you gave the flower a simple block background. It really makes the flower stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards. Lily of the Valley is a favorite flower and your cards are gorgeous with the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the color blocking! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, yet so pretty - loving the one with the Sage background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Kath! I honestly didn't think I needed any more flower die cuts, but SSS knocked it out of the park again with this latest release! So much for will power!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative cards!
    Thanks for walking us through your creative process step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We used to call these solid stamps "shadow stamps," I think. Anyway, I have quite a few of them. And it's nice to be reminded that they're still cool. :) I like the way you implemented them. Thanks, Kath.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are incredible !!!!! I love your geometric backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, love lily of the valley and it brings back childhood memories! I like the “block construction” you used on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The way you used color blocks was inspired. They created a sense of motion AND grounded the imaes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love Love lily of the valley card. We use to have them in our yard when my husband and I first got married. Brings back great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards! I had some of those in the yard of our first house! So dainty but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lily of the Valley are my absolute favorite, and remind me of Mom! I love your set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty and modern. I LOVE your color choices, and how you shaded the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this lily of the valley set. They are such sweet little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the backgrounds for the pretty lily of the valley flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful coloring especially on the small pieces with pretty backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Love the bold, geometric background with the curvy, soft floral. Really pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the geometric backgrounds with the curves of the Lilly of the Valley die. Your colors are wonderful. Great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Lily of the Valley cards! I love the set of cards and the background designs you created! Great ink colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I appreciate that you share the instructions for your cards. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards Kath, as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely Gorgeous cards! I love the simplicity of the designs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh!!! I love the color blocking behind your Beautiful flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful coloring on the flowers. Great use of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a nice set of cards! love the block stamping

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice backgrounds for those great looking die cut flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous designs, love this floral die with those backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous cards! I love the combination of color block backgrounds and dainty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the concept for multiple cards, same but different...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE the design of these cards - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this fun design! Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete