Friday, June 28, 2024

Simon Says - Zippy Zinnias

Hello my friends, I'm back to share a card made using Simon Says Stamp Zippy Zinnias Embossing Folder from the recent Sunny Vibes release and the You Brighten My Day Die from the Sunny Smiles July 2024 card kit.

The minute I saw this gorgeous embossing folder, I knew it would be perfect to use with an oldie but goodie technique. I spritzed an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card on both sides with water, placed in the Zippy Zinnias embossing folder which also comes with 3 flowerhead dies, which I didn't use on this occasion and ran it through my die-cutting machine so that the debossed side of the folder was on the smooth side of the card.
I coloured the flowers with Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxides and the stems with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide using Simon Says Round Detail Blending Brushes. You don't have to be too careful about keeping within the lines because the next step will hide any over spill.
I then dragged Simon Says Intense Black ink pad over the panel and dried. I used a Distress Detailer Waterbrush to remove colour from the edges of the flowers to create some colour variation.
I added splatters of Tim Holtz/Ranger Fossilized Amber Distress Spritz which added a beautiful hint of shimmer and sparkle.
I die-cut the Simon Says You Brighten My Day wafer die twice from Distress Watercolor card, layered to create dimension and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium. I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and matted on to a 4.1/2" x 5.3/4" white card blank. I added PinkFresh Studio Gold Glitter Drops for some extra sparkle. 
I also added splatters of Fossilized Amber Distress Spritz over the sentiment


Have a great weekend whatever you have planned.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Another fabulous card Kath and I will have to get that folder, stunning, although I still don't really get how you did the black bit without it covering the flowers, I will read again see if it sinks in, haha.
    Have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so creative Kath

    ReplyDelete