Saturday, June 15, 2024

Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Spritz

Hi my friends, woohoo a brand new product from Tim Holtz and Ranger has just joined the Distress family. Distress Spritz – 12 bottles of beautiful pearl pigment shimmer, a perfect match for some of our favourite Distress colours. You can pop over to Tim's YouTube Channel and re-watch the Live launch where Tim explains the unique properties of this new product and shares demos and lots of hints and tips.

created two tags stencilling with Distress Spritz over matching Distress Oxide ink blended backgrounds and then flipping the stencil to create a monoprint effect and one of the unique properties of this new product is that it doesn't reactivate the Distress Oxide inks on the background. 

But first it was time to have some fun playtime and create some swatches. I selected complimentary colours of the Distress Spritz to create 6 colour combos - Fossilized Amber/Peeled Paint - Worn Lipstick/Walnut Stain - Twisted Citron/Wilted Violet - Barn Door/Spiced Marmalade - Weathered Wood/Uncharted Mariner and Picked Raspberry/Peacock Feathers.  I used the same process for all the colour combos and am sharing the techniques I used below.
I applied Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks on to two tags using mini round blending tools. 
I placed Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Floral Layering Stencil over the first tag and sprayed Distress Spritz Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint through the stencil.
a tone-on tone pearl shimmer effect
I lifted  the stencil, flipped and pressed on to the second tag to create a monoprint effect.
I flicked water droplets on to both tags and dried. I added stamps from the Idea-ology Postmarked Sticker Book, inked the floral image and script sentiment image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Exquisite with Black Soot Distress Archival ink and stamped on to both tags and inked around the edges with Scorched Timber Distress Ink using a tiny blending tool.

To finish I spritzed Dina Wakley Black Gloss Spray on to my media mat, picked up with a Distress Splatter Brush and flicked on to the backgrounds. I added Idea-ology Metallic Stickers and black twine bows.

It is difficult to catch the shimmer with a camera but when I turned the tags to the light, I was blown away by the beautiful Distress Spritz pearly accents.


Happy Distress Spritz making
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous tags and love the new inks, very handy to have..xx

    ReplyDelete