Monday, December 23, 2013

It's A Wrap...

Hi Folks...as they say in showbiz circles "It's A Wrap"...yes we are finally done and dusted with everything in the Christmas prep department...the soup's been blitzed and is cooling ready for the freezer...the Christmas bakes have been hidden away right at the back of the cupboards...yes out of sight is out of mind...just in case I'm tempted to tuck in and before I start on the final mountain of washing up...
an age old tradition that takes me right back to my childhood...
scraping out that bowl and licking the spoon...
just one last task...making a Christmas decoration for the kitchen with some cheap as chips "reduced in price packs " of teeny weeny baubles from the supermarket and what I thought would be a "grab some twigs from the garden and drape with baubles" didn't quite go according to plan...
the baubles just didn't hang right so I ended up cutting off the strings and wiring each one on to the branches...yes 50 little blighters in all...
a bit of a labour of love which took most of the afternoon but hey I love my sparkly bauble tree for...wait for it....ONE POUND...

And just like all those celebs...we'll be having our own little wrap party tonight...yes me and my faithful furry partner...
who's been there every step of the way and licked the kitchen floor clean goodness knows how many times will be chilling out tonight...a glass or two of something festive for me and a great big juicy bone for The Furry Boy.  Believe me I need to stock up on some fortification and prepare myself for the last minute bits and pieces shop at M&S...if last year is anything to go by...it's going to be BEDLAM.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx