Sunday, December 29, 2013

Back to the old routine...

Hi folks...we had a fun day yesterday when the Grandkiddies arrived for Christmas Dinner No 2 and to open the presents that Santa left under Grandma's tree. As much as I love Christmas there comes a point when you're glad the festivities are over...for one thing I don't think my digestive system will cope with any more rich food or my constant grazing and lack of willpower when it comes to evening nibbling...it's currently sending out strong signals that it's time to get back to the old routine...in other words normal rations and I couldn't agree more...boiled egg and soldiers on the menu for tea tonight then.
And the freaky weather is back...looks like we will be welcoming in the New Year with torrential rain and howling gales...I don't wish the folks who were affected by the bad weather over Christmas any more bad fortune but I would be highly delighted if the weather did it's absolute worst in my neck of the woods on Hogmanay night...just enough to keep the idiot firework brigade indoors.
After 4 days of being missing from the cubbyhole I was looking forward to getting back in the crafty groove and just assumed we would zoom in...make a card for the Fiskars January Newsletter and zoom right out again...
not on your nelly...Mr Mojo refused to join our little soiree so there was lots of attempts which landed in the bin before we finally nailed it resulting in the cubbyhole looking like a war zone...
and I know what you're thinking...the floor isn't looking too drastic...
that was then...right this minute...it's unrecognisable under a deluge of little punched out bits and I'm darned if I'm waking Mr Dyson up at this time of night...it will keep until tomorrow...I'm off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire...is it going to be another night of listening to the wind howling and wondering if we will still have a roof over our heads come morning.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx