Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Gremlins...

Hi folks...just when I thought it was safe to stick my head above the parapet...the Christmas gremlins seem to have moved in...after all it is Friday the 13th...all day unfortunately. Perhaps it's payback time for feeling smug...oh yes the Christmas preparations were going so well and silly me for thinking that I might be lazing around in the last few run up days...chilling out with Mr Buble...indulging in a latte or two and more Costco Mince Pies than are good for me.
It seems that technology and anything electrical is out to get me...the Christmas Tree lights kicked it all off...now you would think that hubby might have tested them before draping them around the tree...apparently not and yes you've guessed switch on was a bit of a damp squib...not even one little teeny weeny flicker of light let alone the huge sparkly glow I was expecting.  And guess who had to dash to the shops to get another set...remove the first and redrape the replacements (and yes I did test them) before hanging the decs...
and this year's addition to the bauble collection...a pressie from the grandkiddies from their trip to Disneyland Florida...
I did tell you that the baubles on my tree are a real mixture collected over the years...this one from the store at the Statue of Liberty...rather huge and a bit over the top but hey who cares...it brings back wonderful memories of fabulous trips to NYC...
and an old favourite...a set of six gorgeous suede bells which actually ring...bought from...yes you've guessed...good old M&S...more years ago than I care to remember...
I have a sneaky feeling the printer may be on it's last legs...likely to be heading to the nearest skip and the old "hissy fit" computer may well be joining it if it doesn't pull it's socks up...in the meantime there is some GOOD news...the Christmas Cakes are baked and I'm thinking perhaps I should cut myself a slice...just a test you understand in case the Christmas Gremlins have been playing havoc with the oven.
I'll see you all tomorrow to share some hoop-de-doo exciting news
Hugs Kath xxx