Monday, December 9, 2013

All I Want For Christmas...

Hi folks...now what do you think might be top of my Santa List...something crafty...something mega expensive in the perfume line or something haute couture to wear...none of the aforementioned I'm afraid...ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS is...
A NEW MEMORY
or perhaps I could download an update for the one I've got.
Pardon me for thinking that this might be my most organised Christmas ever...oh yes I was feeling rather pleased with myself because the presents are bought and waiting to be handed over to the wrapping department...the Christmas Cards are written and piled up ready to go to the Post Office and the rest of the week was earmarked to make a start on the Christmas Cake and Christmas Meals Menus.
But that's all now been put on the back burner after I was rooting around in the bottom of my "everything but the kitchen sink" bag for the car keys and found a little scrap of paper with a scribbled note which Miss Memory never got round to transferring to the crafty diary...mega fail by the lots of lists department...our local council contacted me a few months ago asking if I could do a Christmas Workshop with a group they run locally and 15 lovely folks are expecting me to turn up on Thursday with 2 projects for them to make.
Fortunately Mr Mojo hasn't yet gone on Christmas leave and the Kitting Department is standing by awaiting orders...so it's time to call out the Big Daddy of Die Cutters...my trusty "how did I ever manage without you" Fiskars Fuse...
how cool that I can fit 2 Sizzix BigZ and one On The Edge Die onto the adapter plate and cut them all in one go. This crafty superstar will cut through umpteen sheets of 300gsm card no problem if it's a simple shape like a tag but I decided not to chance my luck with intricate shapes and only cut 3 at a time...meaning I only have to run the sandwich through 5 times and the die cut part of the kitting is done.  
Last year's Fiskars Santa present has certainly earned his keep since he joined the cubbyhole crew and if you're wondering what to put on this year's Santa List... this amazing piece of cutting kit certainly won't disappoint.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx