Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Help Ma Kilt...

Hi folks...well help ma kilt...trust the good old British weather to take a turn for the worse and put the dampers on yesterday's adventure...yes we had to take a rain check on our day out to one of my favourite places. Loch Muick on the Balmoral Estate with it's breathtaking scenery is one of the most beautiful places on earth and the 10 mile walk around the loch on a good day weatherwise is a great way to blow away the cobwebs and lose yourself in the beauty and splendour of Mother Nature...
but believe me it's no walk in the park when it's persisting with horizontal rain...the cloud cover has rolled down to ground level...there's an almighty hooley blowing through the Glen and the water is running out of the arse of your breeks. Not the kind of conditions to road test my new best buddy footwear...they may be the bees knees in the comfort department but I have a sneaky feeling they would have failed miserably coping with the wet slippery muddy bogged down conditions of a walk on the wild side in the Scottish Highlands so in the meantime they're back in their box snuggled up in the wardrobe awaiting a change in the weather.
So what was I going to do with my "away from the cubbyhole" day...returning to the "put on the back burner" D.I.Y. marathon didn't appeal...neither did a slob out TV watching sofa day...I'm not good at the old twiddling my thumbs stuff and if I'd known then what I know now...I should have hightailed it back to the cubbyhole for some playtime instead of going for the...what only can only be described as "what was I thinking about" brain dead option of venturing out to the "bursting at the seams with junk" garage for what I thought would be a quick "few trips to the skip" morning starting off with the first of many "why did I keep all the empty boxes" loads of the day...
I'm convinced that junk goes into breeding mode when it's stored in a cool dark space and after many many trips with the car loaded to the gunnels later...I'm not much further forward...anyone want a dining table and 6 chairs.
and right at the back of this pile of  "has to go" stuff...there's a sideboard which I'm thinking might just make a perfect storage solution for the cubbyhole after an Annie Sloan make-over but I have to reach it first.
There's been another tower of stuff added to the already mountainous pile destined for the car boot...problem is when I'm in the mood for loading up the car and dragging myself out of bed at silly o'clock on a Sunday morning...the weather never plays ball and when the sun is shining I can't be bothered...
And what I didn't know was...while I was having fun decluttering the junk space...more Fiskars projects popped into my Inbox...so that's put paid to today's play day...c'est la vie as my Fiskars buddies would say...it's going to be another "back to the day job" kind of a day...not complaining...just saying.
And back to the crafty stuff...an e-mail from the lovely Stephanie...Editor of Simply Cards & Papercraft also popped into my Inbox to let me know that this card is featured on the Papercraft Magazines blog using my favourite Fuse Die...Hexagon and my favourite Intricate Shape Punch...the gorgeous Sunflower...
It's dismal raining and foggy foggy outside so I'm off to put my "ever onward...best foot forward and get on with it" hat on and I'll see you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx