Thursday, February 4, 2016

Another sample...but not what you think...

Hi everyone...sorry I'm a bit late to the party this morning...I'm on a mission to get a sample and not a sneaky peek crafty sample either. His Furry Nibs has been drinking way more water than usual so he's booked in for a check up with the vet this afternoon...you've probably worked out where this is going.  The first piddle of the day was a no go at pitch dark o'clock affait so I'm waiting impatiently...whistling and running the cold tap in an effort to encourage another...armed with my surgical rubber glove and a large container...
with cubbyhole duties temporarily on hold...it's time for some precision co-ordination and a lightning fast reaction...what can possibly go wrong.
Hugs Kath xxx
Edited to add: woohoo...got it in one...what a team...now I just need to decant said liquid into the proper sample container...the one with the very narrow opening.

14 comments:

  1. Hmm, I can see where this COULD go (all up your arm for one!) - hope the results of your efforts are rewarded with an easy fix to his furriness' issue

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on collecting the sample, good luck with the transfer to proper container and good luck with the visit to the V.E.T.....whispered tone, hope all goes well for his furriness!!! Hugs Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. snugglies for Buddy xxxx and well done you for getting it in one go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Kath. Well done you!!! Hope all goes well at the vets. Please give Buddy an extra hug from me. Best wishes. Jan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you, hope all goes well at the vet...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath

    My cat Billy aged almost 17 has the same problem. My partner and I have said that he has to get checked out. Hope all goes well.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Kath - suggest using a funnel to transfer the liquid, but you probably already figured that out. I hope beautiful Buddy is ok. Hugs, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep a funnel works fine but not one you have used for decanting orange juice!!!!! You don't want any shocks.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kath,
    There I was thinking you were going to do something weird and wonderful that got your hands really messy lol. Poor Buddy having you follow him around with your little container. Well done for catching him 'in the act' and managing to decant the sample. I do hope everything is okay with him and that he's just thirsty with no kidney or other internal problems. Keep us posted.
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you on achieving this difficult task. I hope all is okay with Buddy - please give him a big (((hug))) from me.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your success! Best wishes to Buddy and you for a good outcome on the test!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Job well done Kath (and Buddy), I do hope he is OK.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope all is well with Buddy,it's such a worry when something is not quite right with our furry kids. Good job on the sample collection, great team work! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope Buddy is okay Kath...it can't be easy getting a sample from a dog !! My friend used to use a ladle when her dog required a sample to be provided !!!

    Worth a try!!

    Hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete