Sunday, September 2, 2018

Come and Join the STAMPtember Party...

Hi folks...woohoo the month long STAMPtember celebration of stamps, dies, stencils and more has begun over at Simon Says Stamp and you're invited to join in the fun. Throughout STAMPtember, Simon Says Stamp will be celebrating every day posting exclusive collaborations, contests, prizes, special promotions, announcements and even more surprises on Simon Says Stamp Blog. To get the party started, there's a special STAMPtember Blog Party today over on Simon's Blog, so why don't you click HERE and pop over to see lots of amazing inspiration using the new products. You will also find a promotional code on each blog participating in the party to receive a free gift with any purchase and you can find all the fabulous new products from the STAMPtember releases HERE

I'm sharing a fun card made with the Picture Book Donut die that Simon Says Stamp sent me from the STAMPtember release. I confess I am rather partial to a donut but they are a "laden with sugar" occasional treat and despite the sentiment, my advice would be...DO NUT (forgive the pun)...have one every day.

I started off by die-cutting the donuts from Simon Says Stamp 120lb Ultra Thick White Card
and coloured with Distress Oxide Re-inkers using a Distress Detailer Brush.
I die-cut the eyes from Simon Says Stamp Black card, picked them up with my sticky tool and fixed in place with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
I trimmed a piece of Distress Watercolor Card to be slightly smaller than an A2 card blank, wet the card liberally with water and dropped in the Distress Oxide Re-inkers, letting the water do the blending. Once it was dry I created splatters with the remaining ink and flicked on water to create the droplet effect.
I used matching Distress Inks to create shadows around the edges of the die-cut donuts using a mini round blending tool.
I added rosy cheeks to the donuts by tapping an eraser on the end of a pencil on to a Worn Lipstick Distress Ink pad, fixed the donuts to the panel with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mini Foam to create dimenson and added Small Talk Stickers for the sentiment. I die cut the word DONUT three times from white card coloured with the Distress Oxide re-inkers using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Thin Thinlits and layered to create dimension.
I finished off by adding Studio Katia Cupid's Kiss sequins

I'll see you all tomorrow over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and hint...hint...this cute little sweet treat fella may be putting in another appearance.
Have fun and Happy STAMPtember Shopping
Hugs Kath xxx